Tuesday, October 11, 2005

the post you've all been waiting for

Well, of course I must give a full report on my first annual Aunt's weekend 2005. I think the best way to tell you about it is to show you some of the pics and then just comment along side.

This is the four of us at Build-a-Bear!!! Ashlyn picked a pink flamingo with a fairy princess outfit and a blonde wig...it was hilarious! Brady got a monkey dressed up like Buzz Lightyear!!


















Here we are at Dylan's Candy Bar. That's right, we took the kids to a bar!! haha. It's a fabulously humongous store, you feel like you've walked into Willy Wonka!!!They have every candy and chocolate imaginable!!!
The kids got to pick from 100 cookie cutters and make icing and sprinkles on their sugar cookies! Ashlyn's are pink and Brady's are orange (their favorite colors). Boy was it messy, but it was fun (sorry she's flashing you!)
I would be remiss if I didn't mention Ashlyn's new obsession with saying the pledge of allegience. She stopped mid step in the middle of the Galleria and in front of everyone said the pledge. It was histarical!!! Kelly and I almost peed our pants!!!
The kids really loved the Children's Museum. There was so much for them to do. We face painted, grocery shopped, did puzzles, and here they are painting!!! They were both so sweet and had such a great time!!!
This is by far my favorite pic. The kids loved the zoo. They each had their special animals that they wanted to see. Monkeys and flamingos were at the top of the list. By this time in the day they were pooped!!!
I have to be honest, it was really hard for me to pick just a few pics. I adore my niece and nephew and I think all the pics are precious, but I figured you all just needed the bare minimum. If I can I'll post them on the web and you can go see the others for yourself!! It was a wonderful weekend and I spent way, way too much money, but it was worth it for a special occasion such as this. I would give you more details, but it'd just bore you and I wouldn't know where to stop anyways!
Super Duper: Surviving my first seminary test
Super Pooper: Already preparing for another seminary test
ps - i tried to change the layout of this post but it wouldn't let me do what I wanted to, so I apologize for the awkward captioning

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I had been waiting ALL day to see pics of this weekend! I'm glad yall had so much fun! Houston has GREAT places for kids! And I'm glad you survived your first seminary test! I hate to tell ya, but they don't really get any better...but one day we'll all graduate and no more tests!!!

Kristy said...

I too have been waiting to see pictures from your fun weekend! I'm glad you had so much fun. The kids are too precious! Miss you.