Monday, December 12, 2005

...where to begin...

oh, I have backed myself into a corner!!! I have gone so long since I really last blogged that there is no way I can fully fill you in. Let's back track and do the best readers digest version possible, hang in there, it will end!

We'll start with last Wednesday, December 7, my birthday:

I had a fabulous birthday!! My mom sent me the cutest outfit, snazzy pants with gold thread and a gold sweater, and sequined brown shoes...felt VERY cute!! Got 2 wonderful arrangements of flowers delivered to me at work. My boss took me and 2 of my closest Houston friends (secretaries at T-wood) to one of the nicest steakhouses in Houston (Taste of Texas) for lunch. Then for dinner Janelle and Rebecca (the secretary friends) were gonna run to PeiWei for dinner (cause I refused to eat dinner at the church on my b-day). Well they surprised me by inviting a few work friends to join us, I didn't know till I got there, that they were going to join us, a very fun surprise!!! Then I ran to a mtg/ornament exchange with all the Preschool SS Directors. They all surprised me with a cake, and then they had each brought me an ornament (so I took home like 20 ornaments), and then Susan, my boss, pulled out a 7 1/2 ft pre-lit tree!!! AMAZING!! I never saw any of it coming! It was truly an amazing birthday!!!

Thursday: Had a big Preschool Christmas party at the Womack's. They gave me a gift cert to Taste o' Tex and then my first nativity scene!! It's beautiful. Made out of olive wood in Jordan (yeah, the holy land!!!).

Friday: Home with mom in the hospital (she's doing great by the way, probably will go home tomorrow!!!)

Saturday: headed back to Houston. Saturday Night Church, then attended Festival of Carols, the annual Christmas special service that T-wood puts on. It was beautiful!! Then attended a very fabulous Christmas party. There were close to 100 people there, wonderful food catered by Carraba's!! Oh, it was a fab party!! Amazing decorations, with the largest tree I had ever seen in a person's house!

Sunday: church, then had a wonderful day with my friend, Rebecca!! We met at Garden Ridge to purchase a few things to decorate my tree with. Then headed back to my apt to decorate the tree!! It was great! I had brought a few ornaments back from Corpus, and with all the ornaments that the teachers had given me, it turned out great!! Then we made a random dinner, nice, but random. Then headed to Narnia!! I defiantly recommend it! It was intense, not sure it was made for a very young audience though, but that 's another topic.

Monday: actually went to work today, as opposed to being in class for 8 hrs, so that was a nice change. Had a dinner Christmas party tonight with Child Care workers, it was nice!!

I have another Christmas party tomorrow night with the ministerial staff, progressive dinner. Should be fun. Then on Wednesday a very very very nice lunch with all staff (support staff, etc).

Really, that's all that's been going on, other than that nothing new. Who am I kidding, this is exhausting. I love the Christmas Season, but it's nonstop. When am I supposed to get any shopping done? So, consider yourself updated!!

Super Duper: Fabulous Parties
Super Pooper: The calories included in eating at all these engagements!!!

No comments :