Wednesday, September 10, 2008

...yikes ikes...

Its interesting to see how people react in time of a hurricane!

Ike is looming out in the gulf...EVERYONE is talking about it, watching it, deciding what to do, boarding up, evacuating...its crazy!

All I know is that I don't want to be alone in an unairconditioned apartment with no electricity! No thank you!

So I'm in the process of deciding what to do! Stick it out? Head to Corpus? Head to Temple? I don't like making these decisions. One of those adult things that no one else can really decide for you. My mom and my boss can make suggestions...but the final decision is up to me, and I have to make up my mind on my own.

Also, yes, I know it will all be okay. There may be some damages, but all in all, it will pass and we will move forward and life will go on. So no, I'm not freaking out, just trying to figure it all out!

K, well, that's all I got!

Super Duper: classes canceled tomorrow!!! Thanks Ike!
Super Pooper: my eye has been twitching for days! ugh!

ps - if you use google reader, please take a second to click on my blog and see my beautiful new backdrop!

3 comments :

Elaine said...

That is beautiful! Thanks for taking me out of my googlereader bubble ( : I would vote for either sticking it out or heading to Temple. Because isn't it supposed to hit between Houston and Corpus? So no point driving down there only to have it turn towards CC!

Kristy said...

Oh I love the background. It's so pretty! I agree with Elaine, I wouldn't drive to Corpus. Either of the other two sounds good. Hope it all works out!

Jeff said...

I hate eye twitches!