Monday, March 30, 2009

Saturday, March 14th, Day Six - THE BIG DAY!!!

Sorry for the delay, I guess I could say I was trying to build anticipation, making you salivate, awaiting the details of THE BIG DAY, but the truth is I've been crazy busy and knew this was going to be a long post, so I just hadn't gotten around to it! Alas, your wait is over, the few of you that have been waiting.

It was finally here! Saturday, March 14th, the whole reason we had all traveled so far, to celebrate my sister's wedding!

When I am a bridesmaid, house party, family member, "honorary maid of honor", whatever, I do my best to tend to the bride. I want her to enjoy her day and remain as stress free as possible, enjoy the getting ready process and be excited about her day! The same was especially true for my sister!

Since the wedding wasn't til 5:30 pm, we had some chill time in the morning. We were all a little nervous because it was an overcast day and looked as if it could rain at any second! Not only did we not want it to rain, but we were praying it wouldn't be cloudy during the ceremony! Kelly, Katy & Ashlyn headed to the salon to get mani/pedis! Check out their cute wedding day shirts!


"Bride" & Flower Girl"

The rest of us hung out by the pool, just for a little while though, because after lunch the getting ready process would begin! Around 11:30 my dad & I went across the street and got Subway for the whole fam. After lunch Kelly got all of stuff together and called for a Bellhop to come take her stuff to the honeymoon suite, where she would be getting ready for the wedding. The lady at the hotel had suggested that Kelly get checked into that room and get ready there because it was apart from all the rest of the rooms that the wedding guests were staying in. That way things would be calmer and no one would see her. Plus, it was a gorgeous room with a view! This is Kelly on her balcony, waiting to get ready! As you can tell, the sun had broke through and it had turned into a PERFECT day for a wedding by the pool overlooking the beach!Yes, I said waiting to get ready. You see, Kelly & I headed over to her suite around 2pm. She got all her stuff settled, changed clothes so that she could easily get into her dress without messing up her hair. Her wedding coordinator had arrived and was beginning to get everything ready at the reception location, setting tables, tying bows on chairs at the ceremony, etc. Everything was going smoothly...until...the dumb hair & make-up lady that was coming to Kelly's room was 45 minutes late!!! UGH! She was supposed to be there at 2:30 so that Kelly could be ready by 4:00 to start taking pictures. So 2:30 turned into 3:15 and 4:00 turned into 4:30. I was so mad at that darn lady! We were on schedule, everything was great, Kelly was in a good mood, and this dumb lady messed us up! UGH! Sorry, I feel better now, I had to get that off my chest. Well, of course, alls well that ends well. Kelly looked great, and the lady still had time to do Ashlyn's hair and make-up as well! Ashlyn soaked up every minute of it, and loved it when people told her she looked like a miniature bride!

So, at 4:30, Kelly & the kids were all in the lobby looking fantabulous, ready to take some pictures.



After pictures in the Lobby (mainly bridal portraits for Kel), everyone went to their places, guests arrived and the wedding started on time!

Now here's the deal about getting married on a bridge by the pool...a lot of people that you didn't invite might or might not being hanging out in their bathing suits all around the pool area. Seriously. I'm not exaggerating when I say at least 75 people were in the pool area, some only 10-15 ft from the bride & groom. Luckily this didn't bother Kelly, and was just part of making it a destination wedding. The ceremony was beautiful. My brother-in-law is a pastor, so he did the service, and Ashlyn & Brady read scripture as well...yes, precious!

After they were announced Dr. & Mrs. Brandon Hill, they headed down to the beach for professional photos with the photographer. The guests headed to a nearby patio for a cocktail hour. After Kelly & Brandon had taken enough pictures, they called all of us down for a group picture on the beach, and then some family shots as well.

My fave pic during the cocktail hour!

2 of the 4 ring bearers down by the beach during pictures!



Then after pictures, it was up to the reception for dinner and dancing!! And OH DID WE DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY!!! What a fun night of celebration with the fam!



And they're off!

I really think I can say, it was everything she hoped it would be, and more! What a night to remember! If you want to see more pics, click on this link to my facebook albums.

Man, did my feet hurt and were we all tired! After a little bit of clean up it was off to bed for us party animals!

Next post: disappointing shopping day :(

Thanks for tuning in!

Super Duper: somewhat catching up on school work

Super Pooper: it took way to long to write this and now I'm late getting to bed

1 comment :

Patterson's said...

Since it sounds like you have been in a handful of weddings and since I'm sure you're a wonderful help to the brides, I think you should write a book about how to help the bride stay calm and relaxed on her wedding day! And in the book you could put cute little anecdotes - like what to do if the hair person is 45 minutes late!

Sounds like the wedding week was fabulous!