Monday, March 23, 2009

Thursday, March 12th, Day Four

Thursday was a great day of shopping and chilling by the pool! The men had put together a fishing trip for most of the day on Thursday, so what else are the girls to do but SHOP!

We were up and out by 9:30 headed to Old San Juan which I thought was kinda like shopping in Mexico, my mom said it reminded her of New Orleans, but I've never been to NO, so I wouldn't know. The group consisted of, the bride, 2 sisters, one mom, one mother-in-law, one aunt, one cousin, one niece, one nephew, one cousin's little boy, and a friend. Imagine all of us piled into one van taxi!!! Wish I had taken a pic of us packed in there! Oh, did I mention it cost $45 to get there? Ouch! This is a picture of a street in Old San Juan.
Shopping was fun. Just a cool experience in general. I think everyone bought something. Kelly got a lot of cool things to remember her wedding location. My favorite purchase was a Puerto Rican photo album. Well, actually I accidentally picked up a journal that looked JUST LIKE the photo album, but I was able to put pictures in the journal, and probably fit more pictures in the journal than the album would have fit anyways.

The only pictures I took while shopping were of Ashlyn in the town square. When we walked by there was this man feeding pigeons and he had quite a huddle of pigeons surrounding him so Ashlyn went and let the disgusting birds perch on her arms. You best believe I swabbed her down with a wetwipe after that! She thought it was so cool! I have to admit, I'm impressed it didn't scare her, noway you would have caught me doing that!

After shopping we were pretty hungry, but also ready to hit the pool, so what better option than to order lunch at the pool? You know, where you lay by the pool and the guys come by wearing all white and ask if they can get you anything, yeah, we did that. It was kinda pricey, but not terrible, that is until we started ordering drinks. Even my virgin Pina Colada was $8!!! OUCH! Thankfully we could just charge it to our room, although I was concerned my dad might have a heart attack when he realized what we had done...oops!


Of course Ashlyn wanted in on the ordering a drink at the pool thing. Here she is with her $5 Shirley Temple that she didn't even drink!

We spent the afternoon dining...it did rain while we were waiting for our food, but we were able to go eat on a patio nearby and by the time we were done eating it had stopped raining and we were back hanging by the pool, and then hit the beach. The best part was when Katy & Brent got there and Blake & Brady could join in on the fun! They got to hang out with us at the hot tub for just a few minutes before we had to go in and get ready for dinner. Mid-afternoon the guys had returned having caught one large Mahi Mahi fish. It was enough to feed about 10 adults. They had found a place by the marina that would cook up a fish that you caught, so my family, including aunt, uncle and 2 cousins were headed there for dinner.

It was some yummy food and a nice relaxing environment, not too crowded so the kids could run around and the owner was really nice. Here's a pic of the whole group, and then a fave of me & Brady on the dock by some boats!


It was late when we got back, so quick to bed to get ready for the big weekend!

Super Duper: doing 100% of the reading for my class added 10 pts to my test grade!

Super Pooper: a bit of overwhelmedness between work, school and other life demands

2 comments :

T said...

I am enjoying reading about your trip. Sounds like so much fun!!!

Elaine said...

Love the cute black and white swim suit! Looks like TONS of fun!!