Thursday, May 28, 2009

...it's that time of year...

I'm sorry it's been over a week since I stopped by and said hello. But I'm sure you all know, it's that time of year! VBS is in 10 days!!! I think it's finally starting to sink in that it's that close. I think we're in good shape, but have this fear that there is something I'm forgetting...but deep down know that God is in control and therefore the children will come and learn about His love and His word, and that's all that matters, and that's what it's all about, and that's why I do what I do.

In case you thought my life would slow down after VBS, let me share with you the rest of my summer:

June 8-12 VBS (with my nephew Brady staying with me all week!)
June 14-19 Camp Tallowood
June 23-26 Connecticut to do VBS for kids whose parents are at a retreat for church planters
July 1-5 Home to Corpus for some family and beach time!
July 16-18 AUNT'S WEEKEND in Houston!!!

That's the major events of the summer, the rest will be busy at work with Playground Playdays, Splash Day, Big Enough for Big Church event and preparation for VBS...oh yeah, and turning in my final journals and stuff for this last class/internship!!! Pretty darn amazing to think that I WON'T be going back to school in August!! Yippee!!!

Well, I'm sorry to say that my posts for the next month will be few and far between. I'll try my best to do a summary post after each major event. I hope and pray you all have wonderful summer plans, at least a few days to sit back and relax...oh summer, where have you been my whole life?

The Good News: I'm a new fan of SYTYCD
The Bad News: working on my day off tomorrow, that's just the way it goes!

No comments :