Thursday, November 26, 2009

Unexpected Thanksgiving Day

We knew my sister, Kelly, wouldn't be at Thanksgiving this year. Which was a hit to our menu considering she helps with a good portion of the cooking. So when my mom woke up sick this morning, we were down 2 of our primary chefs! So, for the first time, I was given some major responsibilities in the cooking. Now, before you start judging me for not helping, let me remind you I have 3 sisters, a mom and a bro-in-law that all help, and really, that's almost too many chefs in one kitchen. Plus, I also it is kind of unspoken that I entertain the kiddos while all of this cooking is taking place. But today I:

Peeled potatoes
Made 2 out of 3 layers for Strawberry Pretzle Salad
Prepared the Asparagus
Baked the rolls
Set the table - this I do normally help with

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We did! Even though my mom was down for the count, which she is feeling much better now.

Random thought/fact of the day: I have THE best nieces & nephews in the world. Soooo sorry I didn't get any pics with my phone today to share.

No comments :