Wednesday, February 16, 2011

...sick-o...

Yup, I'm home sick today :( actually, I came home sick from work yesterday.  I had a low grade fever (100.3*), but then once I got the fever down, it didn't came back, until this morning, preventing me from going to work again. perfect.

So, I've discovered that this being home sick thing isn't all it's cracked up to be.  Not only do I feel like I need to be at work getting stuff done, but I feel guilty about "resting" while I'm at home, feeling like I should be doing dishes or laundry or something...oh, the inner struggle.

And, as you all know, there is no convenient time to be sick.  Today I am missing an important VBS planning meeting that I was supposed to lead.  Thankfully this team has been together for several years, and I know they are going to have a great meeting without me.  Tomorrow I was supposed to have a friend over to hang out and have coffee...yeah, probably gonna have to reschedule that, and my haircut on Friday is iffy...

So, in the mean time, I'm doing what you're supposed to do when you're sick, getting plenty of rest, drinking lots of liquids and for lack of a better word, being a lazy bum. 

Here's to hoping I DON'T wake up with a fever tomorrow!

No comments :