Friday, October 14, 2005

confessions of a shopaholic

Let me start this post by making a confession. Okay, here it is, sometimes I want to make a post every day, but I force myself to skip a day so as not to "overpost". Whew...I'm so glad I got that off my chest. I think from now on, if I want to post, and I have the time to post, I'm going to post, so please, don't think less of me if I post too often, I'm sorry for being an "overposter", but that's just the way its going to be.

Now that that's over with, on to the topic of the day - shopping. I have done so good with not spending money on clothes and shoes the past few months. Honestly, the first few months I was here I allowed myself to shop a little more, justifying that I needed some more professional clothing. But, I've done better now. Of course my mom purchasing a few things for me along the way has helped keep me from spending my own cash...but that was all down the drain today. It wasn't a large purchase, but a friend of mine drug me to Mega-Marshalls. I mean, I was kicking and screaming, begging her not to make me go (there is absolutly no truth in that statement). Somehow I walked out of there with a new little precious shrug and fabulous pants, and she didn't spend a penny. How is that possible? It's okay though...I really like both peices, especially the pants.

Isn't it silly how a pair of pants can make a person so happy? Seriously, I've been in the best mood ever since I bought the pants. I came straight home and put them on and haven't taken them off. I'm already planning when I can wear them this weekend!!! Here's a pic of some :


I know, you've all probably seen them, but they're the new thing, called Gaucho pants!! If you don't have a pair, I highly recommend them. I paid $12 at Marshalls for them, but in looking for this picture found out that they have some at Target (or at least online) for only $6.50!!! Isn't that amazing? I kinda wish I had only paid $6.50, but at least I'm wearing them right now!! Ya'll, they are so comfortable. Quite possibly my favorite purchase in years!! I love them. I'm a tad concerned that I won't ever want to take them off...they are just so wonderful. Ahh yes, amazing the impact a simple pair of pants can have on one's mood. So please, let me know if you decide to join me in this purchase, I promise, you won't regret it!!

Super Duper: a new Pei Wei opened on the way home from church(work) to my apt...and I got to eat there tonight with 2 good friends!!!
Super Pooper: too many bills in the mail today!!!

2 comments :

Kristy said...

Okay so Jen Leforce has a pair of those and its a running joke that she never takes them off. So they must, in fact be, the most comfortbale pants ever.
P.S - Did you watch GG this week cause it wasn't on in Waco and I need an update!

Elaine said...

Kase you can never post too much!! I'm guilty of being an over-checker and I"m always disappointed when people haven't updated. And I do the same thing...telling myself to wait another day to post! But no more!!

And I need to get some of these pants! But what do you wear them with??