Thursday, October 20, 2005

Shopaholic strikes again...

So the deal is that I had refrained from shopping for a long time, I might even say, too long. And now I just can't stop. One might say I'm out of control! Let's recount.

Thursday: Gaucho pants and shrug
Friday: Purple blazery/jackety thing
Monday: Silver sequined belt and brown tank
Wednesday: 4 picture frames that were on sale and a picture album
Thursday: Sunglasses, Astros shirt (had to purchase one now that I am a Houstonian and we are going to the world series, and tomorrow is "Go Astros" day at work!!), and a fantabulous new pair of shoes.

I wish I could show you the shoes. They are just simple little princess style and are completely covered in multicolored sequins!! I don't care if they match or not, I'm going to wear them!! All the time!! I'm so excited about them!

So the deal is that now I'm a bit out of control. I have got to stop myself. I am on a budget and especially with Christmas coming up, I really need to stop!!! So this is it. I'm putting it in your hands. Do not, under any circumstances allow me to shop any more. If I slip up it will be your fault, all your fault!!

So, a few weeks back, maybe even a month ago I posed a question, and asked for a response from those of you who read my blog. So, I know it's been a while, but let's try it again.

If you could change your name, first, last, whatever you please, what would you change it to?
Bonus question: What color (the color of this font) would you call this?

Oh, another thing. Those of you coming to Homecoming, we are trying to gather a group (all are invited, spread the word) for dinner and then plan to head on to the Bonfire. Bush's, Rudy's, Fuddruckers, On the Border, Ninfa's have all been suggested. If you have a suggestion or would like to place a vote on any of the above, add that in your comment as well!!

One more thing, in case you haven't read Laine's blog, we started a group on Facebook called "Blogging is the new Facebook". Be sure to go join!! And let me know if you would like to be an officer, and what title you would like, otherwise I'll make it up myself!

Super Duper: my friend Liesal is starting a blog!!!
Super Pooper: spending my weekend writing papers!!

ps- when i spell checked this post it wanted to replace the word "shopaholic" with "syphilis". I thought that was hilarious so I though I'd share

2 comments :

Elaine said...

I would change my name to Elaine Fox!!! Maybe someday I actually will....

And the color is yellowish gold.

And I'm kinda craving Ninfa's if we can get in. Otherwise, Rudy's. Or Ketox (how on earth do you spell that??) if they are open for dinner?

Kristy said...

I would enjoy any of those restaurants because well, I'm a Waconian and that's my food. Just let me know when and where. Also, I would change my name to something people could spell corretly. My mom wants to rename me Haylie cause she likes that name now. Lastly, the color of your font is booger green.