Wednesday, October 19, 2005

so much to catch up on...

Well, it seems as though I have been remiss and gone a few days without updating!! A few, very eventful days. Let me just start with Sunday...

Sunday: I think I have already told you about how Sunday was a big Celebration Day that my church had been leading up to in the midst of this capital campaign we've had. We had one HUGE service under a ginormous tent in the parking lot (did I mention the tent was air conditioned). Anyways, we canceled all Sunday School on that morning, but of course still had classes for babies through 3 yr old who didn't attend the service. So this was a huge sacrifice that we were asking people to make to miss this monumental service. In appreciation we gave them all a box that was make completely out of chocolate and inside had 4 chocolate truffels. Oh yes, it was amazing. And the lids of the boxes were personalized with a Tallowood logo and the words "Thank You". Anywho, I headed home, after my feet were killing me, took a nice 2 hr nap, then awoke to study and watch the 'stros off and on!

Monday: This is my early day. Had to get up around 6:15 to be ready to leave for seminary by 7:15. I had a major test in my 8:25 Systematic Theology class. I felt relatively good after the test. It was a basic essay test and I felt like I had covered the topics presented rather well!!! But then I went to my New Testament class that afternoon and had my world shattered when he handed back tests that we had taken last week. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much, I hadn't felt very good about this one, but it was worse than I had anticipated. I won't give you an exact number, but just know I only made a grade this low on 2 tests during my whole time at Baylor! I was crushed. I sat there and literally wanted to cry! But since I was in the middle of class I controlled myself. I sat there the first 30 min of class wanting to not pay attention and blaming the prof for the grade HE had given me, of course this was not the grade I had EARNED!!! All I could think about during class was that maybe seminary wasn't for me, maybe I'm not cut out for this, work and school. It's not supposed to work this way. If I study, and show up for class, and take good notes, I'm not supposed to do so poorly. I left there still rather disheartened and still not ready to tell anyone about my recent unsuccess. Usually I would call my mom right away and tell her how things went, and it wasn't that I was afraid of her response, it was that I honestly couldn't force myself to say it outloud yet, that would make it real (and fear of loosing it over the phone). So what is a girl to do, but go shopping. I wasn't really looking to spend a ton of money, but just needed a little something to make me smile! So I headed to Target to see what I could find. I did manage to pick up a nice flashy silver sequined sash/belt. Way cute!! Then I went to church and had a nice free Mexican meal!! It was deelish (pronounced DEE-lish...hahahahaha)! So having shopped and eaten, I was feelin better. I decided to head to my friend's where people were gathering to watch the 'stros!! It was a random combination of people, but that was okay. I'll spare you the details seeing as how this post is already getting long and I haven't even mentioned today (Tuesday), but the girl's house who I was at, was going through some major drama with a guy that kept calling her saying that she had "hit and run" him on his bike. It was a crazy evening, with the 'stros losing in the end (bummer). I finally went home at 11:00!!

Tuesday: A fine day at work, my boss (well, one of them) paid for lunch, so that's always good. I love my Tuesdays because it's Gilmore Girls and Amazing Race, and even better, my friend Rebecca joins me for them!! Tonight I decided to make tacos for us for dinner. So then I decided to invite Will. It was fabulous. In the words of my sister, "Good food, good friends, good fellowship, good fun, good freakin' times!!" It really was nice!

That's it...sorry it got so long winded. I do want to say that I'm so glad that my confessions inspired a few of you! It thoroughly encourages me to know that I'm not alone! I love you guys! It's no wonder we get along so well, that's why it's so hard to start new in a new place, it's tough to find people like you. Okay, I'm not going to get into that, but you know what I mean!

Super Duper: still lovin my Gaucho pants (yes, I'm wearing them right now!)
Super Pooper: I have a paper do on Monday and I've only read about 1/4 of the book...ah well!!!

No comments :