Wednesday, November 02, 2005

a fist time for everything...

So, this will be the first time I have ever posted from work. Emily, you have to promise to not tell your mom. Here's the deal, I have no time whatsoever to post from home, and I have a few spare minutes right now, so I decided to bless you all with a post.

At the risk of repeating a mundane format, I've decided to go through the past few days in chronological order. So here it goes.

Thursday: Last Thursday my boss was gracious enough to allow me to leave at noon. I headed straight for Waco around 1:15. For the first time I tried listening to the Bible on tape. Oddly enough, I really enjoyed it! I have to read through the New Testament by December 5th and I'm only in Luke, so this is hopefully going to help maximize my time. Anyways, I got to the great city of Waco (funny how your perception changes when you no longer live there) around 3:45. I have to admit, driving through campus I got very senitmental. Just watching the girls run the bear trail and people hanging out...hard to accept how much my life has changed in 1 year. My fabulous friend Emily (who refuses to start a blog) had arrived around this same time. We met up and embraced (twice actually, we really missed eachother. It had been 4 months!!!). We hung out at Common Grounds and Spirit Shop til I had this silly interview thing at the FCS building. Our lovely friend, Kristy Boyd, met up with us there too!! After that we went by the new and improved bookstore! I bought a nice white longsleeved shirt that I really like! After that Kristy had to go, but Em and I met up with Jeff and Ryan M. We went to this ghetto place, that was just okay, but it was good to hang out with them! I miss my Jeffers, even though he is poopy to me a lot of the time. After that I had to head to my sisters because Ashlyn was waiting anxiously for me! I love my Ashy girl!

Friday: Um, well, Friday started off way too early. Ashlyn woke up some time around 5:30 and came and crawled on the couch with me. 2 people on a couch, even a 3 yr old, isn't the easiet way to sleep. Anyhow, we got up and got ready for the day. I had told my sister that I would take Ashlyn for the day and then met Em for some fun, but uneventful shopping at the Central Marketplace on Highway 6. Then at 12:30ish we headed to Bush's to meet more fabulous friends, Molly, Kristy and Lee!! It was fun to hang out like the good ole' Friday lunch gang! After lunch Em and I ran some random errands til it was time to drop off Ashlyn and meet up with Brian, Elaine (also, really good to see a friend I hadn't seen in way way way too long!!), and Riley to go see Kristy and Lee's house! It's weired realizing that your friends are married and have a place to live!! But again, it was fun just to chill and hang out for a few mins! Probably my favorite part of the whole weekend was eating at Rudy's! We had a really good group and really good food. I was super excited because a lot of KXAs had decided to eat there too. It was really fun to run into old friends like that. After that we headed to bonfire. Bonfire was good, different but good. I would have like to have run into some more random people, but it was so spread out this year that it was hard to find people, but it was nice that it wasn't so croweded. Of course the highlight of the bonfire was Glenn proposing to Jen! It was really fun and special!!! After bonfire I headed to Pigskin with my sisters. It was fun to see old friends on stage and in the audience. It ended pretty late, so we headed home and crashed!!

Saturday: Saturday morning came way too early, since the parade started soo early. But it was good. We (My sisters and Ashlyn and I) walked up 5th street around 8:30. Again, I saw some random people. Katy, Brent, Brady and Blake arrived some time around 9:45. It was fun for the whole family to be together! After the parade I decided to forgo the game and spend some more family time. We met up with my cousin Meredith and her 2 sons for lunch at Red Lobster. It was really yummy, and my dad paid since it was Brent's b-day on Sunday!!! I had to get on the road around 1:30 and headed straight to church. I have to admit, I felt kinda bad when I got a call from a friend of mine from Baylor on Saturday night and he said, "Why didn't you come in town this weekend?" That's just the kind of weekend it was. There was no way I could see everyone! Of course I felt bad, but every minute that I was in Waco was scheduled, there was nothing I could do. Anyway, after church I headed home, ate dinner and sacked out by 8:45!!!

Sunday: I don't think much exciting happened on Sunday. Church, read for class, church, dinner with a friend (Rebecca I love you!). Oh, wait, I did receive and invitation to a rather fancy dinner party this coming Saturday!! I'm super excited!

Monday: Class ALL DAY!! Mondays totally wear me out! The good news is I got my first test back in Systematic Theology. I made a 90!! I'm not trying to brag, I'm just really excited!! The bad thing was I got totally frustrated with my NT prof. He's so good, but totally intense. I have another test in there on Monday and I'm scared out of my mind!!! After 8 hrs of class I headed to the Noah's Ark Carnival at my church. I just worked the ticket booth with some friends. It was fun, but I really needed to be working on my 15 pg paper that's due Monday...ah well.

Tuesday: Work, babysat, studied (a lil). Had a good conversation with the people I babysat for. But then found out some people are leaving the church, and that makes me sad.

Wednesday: Again, work...no biggie, just a meeting tonight.

So there you have it, my past week. I know, I got kinda long winded, but that's my title on the facebook group, "the one who writes too much." I just want you all to know that I really do love you and it was so good to see you all this weekend. It stinks that we are all growing up and not living in the same town and hanging out all the time, but I'm glad that we keep in touch and it just makes the time that we do get to see eachother all the sweeter! I love you guys and miss you all tons! I'm so glad we got to reunite for a lil while! I hope you all know I will never replace you, you are forever a part of my life!

Super Duper: My exciting dinner party on Saturday night...whatever shall I wear?
Super Pooper: a 15 pg paper and a major exam on Monday...ugh

No comments :