Saturday, December 17, 2005

...a sad realization...

Tonight was the Single Adult Christmas Party. It was really nice. It was up at the church, nice sit down dinner, there were probably about 40-50 people there. We played this fun game where they put a name of a famous person on your back and then you have to figure out who you are by asking yes or no questions. It's rather fun and a good conversation starter. Then after dinner they showed clips from various well known Christmas movies and we had to guess what movie it was from and the winner got a prize. I didn't do too well, but it was fun. Here's the deal, out of the 40-50 people there, there were only 2 other people there in their 20s. Now, I'm not trying to hate, I enjoy the people who were there, but its just a bit odd to hang out with people who are 10-15 yrs older than me. The fact that they are closer to my parents age than my age is just plain weird. So anyhow, it was just a sad realization to look around the room and realize that not only are the prospects for datable material slim, but even just the prospets for friends is low. Any how, I guess I'm just still struggling with not having my group, my girls to call and hang out. I don't mean to be depressing, I love my life, really I do, its just different, and at this rate, how am I ever supposed to find Mr. Right? I suppose just have faith! Okay, I'm done, that's my rant for the night! Incase I don't post again, Merry Christmas!

Super Duper: Got all my clothes hung up today (trust me, this was a huge accomplishment)!!
Super Pooper: Still have a few loads of laundry to do.

No comments :