Friday, December 30, 2005

...I'm back...

Well, for what its worth, I'm back, but for a limited time only. I'm leaving town again on Sunday for an I-term at Southwestern main campus in Ft Worth. Let me do my best to recap my Christmas vacation to Corpus.

Tuesday night, December 20th - got in town to surprise my family, they thought I was coming in Wednesday night.

Wednesday (Dec 21st) - stayed home all day, wrapped a million presents, babysat Brady and Blake...Overall a fun day

Thursday (Dec 22) - ran errands with mom, shopped, did Christmas with Brent, Katy, Brady and Blake, Kelly, mom and dad...Very very fun

Friday (Dec 23) - honestly all the days run together and nothing special sticks out in my mind, this may have been my the day I got to eat at my favorite restaurant in CC!!!!

Saturday (Dec 24) - mom gave Kelly and I $40 to fill each others stockings since the other girls weren't going to be there on Christmas morning it was our special treat (don't let anyone under the age of 12 read this, or they'll know Santa doesn't fill stockings). but it was a new tradition and quickly became a competition. It was so fun to find things. We ended up hooking eachother up phat!!! so much that it took 2 stockings to fit all of our stuff for eachother. We're defiantly keeping this tradition. That night we went to the Christmas Eve service, saw some old friends, always good to catch up with old friends. The bummer was that we used to always, and I mean always have a candle light service where all the lights are turned down at the end and we sing Silent Night, but the new pastor doesn't like fire, it makes him nervous. So no candlelight service. and get this, he wasn't even there!!! ugh...anyways, in keeping with tradition we went over to our best family friends after the service. It's 3 families: my family (the Berry's), the Nichols', and the Davis'. A few years ago my dad made up the name, the 'Darrols'. figure out for yourself the word combo. anyways, it was super fun. Then went home and got our traditional Christmas Eve pajamas.

Sunday, (Dec 25th) - woke up, dad made homemade Belgium waffles, as he always does on Christmas day. Kelly and I opened our phat stockings from eachother, went to church, wrapped presents, cooked, waited and waited for Kristy, Trent and Ashlyn to drive in from Waco, ate a wonderful steak dinner (also tradition for us), then FINALLY opened presents. It takes us hours and hours because we open one at a time...anyways, it was a wonderful Christmas. We all raked it in phat, in honor of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

The rest of the week was just fun hanging out with Ashlyn, shopping and eating. The only other story that deserves telling is that on Wednesday I attended a his and hers wedding shower for a guy that I've gone to school with since 3rd grade and he lived down the street from me. Anyways, it was a blast from the past, old friends from middle school and HS were there, it was really fun, old times, reminiscing.

I headed home (to Houston) on Thursday after shopping and hanging out with mom, Kristy and Ash. Its always so hard to leave after spending so much time with the niece and nephews.

Overall, a fantabulous time at home.

FYI - I'll be incommunicado for another week or so....till then.

Super Duper: had a blast today setting up 3 new preschool rooms for the Saturday Night congregation...I love my job

Super Pooper: I'm exhausted, and for some reason have larengitis, which may be turning into a cold...bummer, major bummer


soory this got so long

1 comment :

mbh said...

"We all raked it in phat, in honor of our Lord, Jesus Christ."

Ah Kase, I have forgotten how eloquent you can be sometimes. haha...I love it. Happy New Year...from that random girl that lived with you sophomore year (o=