Tuesday, May 30, 2006

...busy, busy, busy...

It all started Friday evening at 7:00. I had volunteered to chaperone the Jr. High lock in (yeah, I don't know what I was thinking). It ended up being super fun. We had free reign of bumper boats, race cars, putt putt, and the arcade (yes, they had Dance Dance Revolution!!!). It was so fun, I didn't even get tired til around 6:00am when we headed back to the church. I finally got home and in bed by 8:15 am, Saturday morning. I had to set an alarm because I had church duties that Saturday and had to be there by 4:15.

After church some of us had pulled together a very casual surprise party for Will's birthday. We got him really good, and it was completely thrown together! Sidenote: he (Will) has this thing where he thinks it would be so cool to be a scientist, particularly because he LOVES the lab coat they get to wear. So we (Rebecca and I) decided to get him a coat and used computer iron-on paper to monogram it to say "Dr. Will McCartney, Bible Scientist" IT WAS HILARIOUS!! He loved it!! All in all a great party, but bad decision to stay up till midnight after having stayed up all night the night before.

Then Sunday I had to be at church at 7:45am because I had to cover for the lady who usually supervises the preschool rooms that are open for the 8:00am service. Man, it was hard to get out of bed soooooo early. Then Sunday night a friend and I went to dinner and the $1.50 movie (we saw "Lucky Number Slevin," very weird flick, but hey, it was only $1.50). Once again I didn't get home till midnight...my lack of sleep was adding up!!!

Then Monday, Memorial Day!!! I hit 2 pool parties...soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun!!! Played an inventive game of water softball, made up the rules as we went, even had an umpire...hilarious!!! Left the second pool party around 6:00pm, then did dinner with friends and headed to see "Mission Impossible 3". This time I did manage to get home by 11pm, but after 3+ long days, it seemed sooooooooo late!!!

All in all I had a fantabulous weekend, but crazy busy and exhausting! I'm so grateful to have a night to myself tonight!

Super Duper: Having a group of fun friends to hang out with!
Super Pooper: I burned my thumb on boiling grease and it burns like fire!! No fun getting hurt when you live alone and there's noone to help you or go get Neosporin stuff to help with the pain :(

No comments :