Tuesday, June 20, 2006

...the post you've all been waiting for...

That's right, I'm back from camp. Sorry it's taken me a few days to post, but here it is, for what it's worth. I think the best way for me to tell you about camp would be through a picture reference! So, here goes nothin!

This is my lovely friend, Rebecca, on the first day, still looking refreshed!

This is my group!! SOOOOOOOO amazing! Quite and eclectic group, wonderful to see them all bond and come together, despite the differences we all had!! AMAZING!!!

This was one of my favorite parts of camp! A reenactment of Moses and Isaac on the alter, when God stops Moses from sacrifices his son in obedience to God's command!! VERY POWERFUL!!! The whole week we learned about Genesis, God's creation and how he used the people from the beginning to fulfill His purpose and bring Himself glory!!!

This is later in the week, I'm not looking quite as refreshed! But that's part of it, right? Anyways, my team had taken a lil hike to this great lookout spot!! What a view of the Nueces River Valley!!!

I should try and tell you more, but to put a week into words is impossible. Know that it was wonderful, exciting, exhausting, stressful, frustrating and amazing!!! The Lord worked miracles in the life of the youth and the adults, including me!! I was privileged to be a part of something so big!! Never underestimate the power of God when He is kept at the center of our attention!

4 comments :

Janelle said...

I'm so happy for you! And yes, you're right... it is SO AWESOME to get to be a part of something huge that God is doing!
Oh, and by the way... I'm not really sure what your Bible says, but my Bible says that it was Abraham that almost sacrificed his son Isaac on the mountain. Hmmm...

Elaine said...

YAY you're back!!! I can't wait to catch up with you soon!! AND, I'M COMING TO VISIT on July 7. Get Ready!!!

Anonymous said...

HURRAH HURRAH for camp!
lovely post. I can't help but envy your skills.

claymonster said...

I have to tell you, after hearing the testimonies at the "camp report" service, I am just bowled over by the work God is doing with the youth at Tallowood (and elsewhere, because I am hearing similar stories from my brother and others).
There's a feeling of regret that during my 'camp days' as a teenager, we really just weren't getting it. But what an incredible (relief) joy that this is NOT the case here and now. Seeing Jr. High and High School age kids on fire like this for the Lord is overwhelming and encouraging -- with so many tragic stories of drugs, violence, suicide, promiscuity and its inevitable results all over the news, "our kids" are just a huge ray of sunlight and I pray that they will remain strong and be a beacon for their unsaved peers.
I'm so happy for you, Rebecca, Box (I didn't know she could sing like that!), Will, Rob and everyone else that got to be a part of it. I know it was a ton of work, but sooo worth it. Amazing.