Thursday, March 15, 2007

...Drowning, Disappointment, Delight...

Well, I'll make this short and sweet, but yesterday Houston was hit by an intense thunder storms. And we were supposed to be going to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo to see Rascal Flatts in concert!! While we were praying that the rain would stop, we found out that the lead singer from Flatts had laryngitis and had to cancel!!! WHAT???? Oh, I was so disappointed. So then at this point it was, "Do we really want to go?" In the rain? Without Flatts? Well Jon Nichols, Jack Ingrahm and Clay Walker were replacing Flatts. And if I didn't go last night then I wasn't going to get to have my Rodeo experience at all this year!! It's over on Sunday and I'm headed out of town this afternoon!!! So, anywho, since I'm at work, here are a few pics for your viewing pleasure!


While we were waiting for the rain to stop we played Rummikub and took silly pictures (like this).





Funny thing, when Rebecca was taking this picture of me, some guy walked by and told his girlfriend, "See, she's woman enough to take a picture with the boot!"



About to purchase what has now become annually traditional, fried oreos!!!





In the staduim, watching the calf scramble, my favorite part!


Rockin' Out With Clay Walker!




Delirious at 12:30!!!


Super Duper: headed to Temple today for Brady's 5th birthday party!!
Super Pooper: besides the obvious that I didn't get to see Rascal Flatts last night...I guess the fact that Spring Break is over and even though I still had to work this week, it was super quiet around the office, and nice to have a down week, but next week will be back to the usually hustle and bustle!

1 comment :

Janelle said...

Glad you had fun... I wish I had gone, but then again, I really needed sleep. Oh well, there is always next year.

By the way, it was Joe Nichols, not Jon. And the lead singer of Rascal Flatts had bronchitis, not laryngitis. But hey, who's keeping track right? I'm a nerd, I know. Whatever.