Thursday, August 16, 2007

...this is harder than it seems...

The Rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their 8 things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.



I feel I must be honest, I've been tagged before (Jan 06, if you care to compare), it was some time ago, and I only had to share 5 "weird" habits. So now I have to do 8, which is even harder. My question is, am I allowed to repeat any answers? I mean, it was a year and a half ago that I posted that...I'll do my best not to repeat, we'll see...here goes nothing. note it is 7:36.


1. I have this thing with palindromes. I really like them. Especially when my speedometer is a palindrome, you know, like 53235! I get slightly upset if I realize that my speedometer was just on a palindrome and I missed seeing it...wow, I know, loser!


2. I'm not sure if this is weird or rude, or maybe I'm just the only one who will admit it, but I screen my calls. I know, we all do it, but I even do it to people I love. If I'm sitting at home, up to no good and I'm just not in the mood to talk, or I'm tired, or my phone is in the other room and I just don't want to get up, I won't answer it. Even if its my mom, my sister, whomever.


3. I'm a reality TV junky. You name it, I've probably seen it, and most likely enjoyed it. Anything from The Bachelor(ette), Survivor, Biggest Loser, Amazing Race, The Apprentice, even the totally lame Pirate Master one that was just on, I know, I thought it looked lame, but I just couldn't help myself, oh and the new one with just kids, Kid Nation, can't wait! The only one I can honestly say I've never seen or gotten in to is Big Brother.

Note: this is getting really hard, the rest might be kind of lame...


4. I'm kind of big in to using nick names. Most people in my life end up with a nick name, sometimes one that I made up, other times one they were already given. Either way, I enjoy using them. Examples: Ashy, Blakers, Bray-Bray, Kell-Bell, Reb, D Ray, J Ray, J Mu, Willie Mo, Bubbles, Lainey Di, Jeffers, Dougie, Lex, Wayners, Billiam, Mama B, Pebo, Belek, J Berr, Bubba, Bud, Intern, need I go on?

5. I've become a perfectionist when creating documents. It can be anything from a list of things to do, a spreadsheet for inventory, or a postcard we're mailing to all preschool families. But I can look at it over and over again and continually find things to change, make bold, change font size, add a border, etc. I didn't realize how OCD I was about it until my intern pointed it out...yikes!

6. I'm picky. Meaning I like to pick my nails, my toes, and I LOVE to peel people after they are sunburned! This started way back when I was a little girl, my dad would get super sunburned and we would just peel sheets of skin off his back...anyone grossed out yet? Oh, and it's hilarious, because I've already noticed this trait in my niece, Ashlyn. I seriously think it might be hereditary...I'm not kidding, someone should research this! Note - this is similar to, but not the same as, one of my weird habits I used the first time I was tagged.

this is getting really really long, but alas, I forge on!

7. I really can't stand overhead lighting (mainly in houses). I know for a fact I get this from my mom! She used to always turn off the fan light and then turn on lamps and I found it so annoying. Sure enough, now overhead lights tend to hurt my eyes and I find myself always looking for lamps to turn on. Proof that we do eventually turn in to our mothers...I'm doomed!

so close, just one more!

8. I'm sure many people have this habit, but I really think I might have it more so than others, I take a ridiculous amount of pictures. For years now I have been considered the family photographer. No one else even brings their camera anymore because they know I'll have mine and be shooting off pics like crazy. Even at the last several weddings I've gone to, the brides have considered me their unofficial photographer for candids and other shots that the professional photographer might not take. Don't get me wrong. I don't know anything about photography, lighting, angels, etc, I just like to take lots of pics. Thank goodness for digital cameras! Oh, as proof, I think my 21 albums on facebook might testify. And trust me, if you could see the number of albums I have saved to my hard drive you would understand!

Okay, done! Hope that's what ya'll were looking for. Oh, and props to those of you who actually read this novel of a post! Note: time is 8:28 - took me 8 mins shy of an hour to think of all these...yikes!

I shall tag the following fabulous friends - Lainey Di, Rebecca, Janelle, and Kristy

Super Duper: the house I'm house sitting at has wireless, so I can use my laptop!!!
Super Pooper: still sickish!

1 comment :

T said...

Ew I got a visual with the skin peeling thing.