Monday, August 20, 2007

...going gray...

I wanted to share that I thought of another "weird" thing about me that I thought was worth mentioning:

9. I sleep with a sleep mask, and have for about 3 yrs now. Even better, my current sleep mask looks like frog eyes! When my 2 yr old nephew sees me in it he says, "Ribbit"...sooo cute!

So, on to the subject of this post. I'm not sure how many of you know, but I have found random gray hairs in the midst of my dark brown hair since I was in middle school. Seriously, I'm not making this up. My mom has always told me that she went gray in her early 30s!!! I always thought, that won't really be me, I have such dark hair it won't ever go completely gray. Well, it seems as though I have been in denial lately as I have found gray hairs more frequently. Not to a terribly noticeable level, but definitely more than I used to. Worse yet, my sister (who is 3.5 yrs older than me) and I were talking about this genetic doom that we are most likely facing and she told me that she had started finding so many gray hairs that they were too many to pull. I mean, I find 1 or 2 and pull them, no big deal, but she had so many she couldn't pull them all. She dies her roots every time she sees even 1. So, I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that that could be me in a few years. By the time I'm 30 I could be completely gray!!! I'm not sure I've come to terms with that yet. So, that's my personal revelation for the day...not a fun one!

Super Duper: Going to see the fam and Lil this weekend!
Super Pooper: My sister's boyfriend was mugged and left on the side of the road all night. He finally came to and had to walk a mile barefoot to a gas station to call his dad. They had stolen his shoes, cell phone, cash, keys. He doesn't remember a thing either...which makes him think maybe he was drugged. Please pray. He's pretty shaken up and physically banged up!

3 comments :

claymonster said...

At least you can't feel it! (going grey, I mean)... unlike other signs of aging. From which you are a looong ways away.

Anonymous said...

There is a group in my family that goes grey by 30. I mean totally grey. It's my great aunts family. All of the girls so far.

Kristy said...

I can totally feel your pain! My hairdresser has found so many that she suggests I color my hair! I am getting close not being able to pull them out anymore!