Monday, June 23, 2008

...Camp T-wood 08...

You deserve a Camp update...I don't have much in me. So, here's the abbreviated version:

camp was AWESOME!

God showed up!

Lives were changed!

At the last minuted the camp pastor couldn't make it, so Jerome asked some people that had been involved in the Camp planning to speak each night. It was amazing to see God use those people and show His power and His plan. It didn't matter who was preaching that night, God was going to speak through them. It gave Him all the more glory in the end!

My tribe (team) won 1st place over all!!! Not what it's all about...but still, pretty stinkin' awesome!

The sponsors regained our title in beating the Seniors in the traditional Saints vs. Sinners softball game!

I owned the field with the female sponsors were called out for Acquire the Tire!

My FAVE part of the day is cleaning up after rec & other sweaty activities in the late afternoon. Then being all cleaned up, sitting on the lawn in the shade, watching the kids throw the frisbee & football around...its totally chill, and is like my 1 hour of vacation each day!

Thursday afternoon was great, just chillin' in the river, cooling off, watching big guys blob the small 6th graders...hilarious!

15 youth were baptized!

We had major bus problems, had to unload all the kids off of one of the buses on a narrow dirt road, reload all of their luggage, and them onto the other remaining buses...and somehow, everyone had a great attitude about it. This made our arrival time so late that the kids started getting hungry, so we had to stop and get the kids something to tide them over, so Rebecca & I went in to a convenience store and got 60 packs of peanut butter crackers. Both of our arms were busting full of packs of crackers. The best part was when a man shopping in the store walked by us and said, "If you can't carry it, you shouldn't eat it." hahahaha....love the random comments from a stranger!

All in all I love camp, love seeing God show up, the relationships that are built are irreplaceable.

It was a hard decision for me to decide to go to Camp the week following VBS, but God gave me strength, and I don't regret it one bit.

Oh...I forgot to mention that I had a head cold on Sunday as we left for camp. I was fine, but was sneezing, coughing, blowing my nose most of the week. And of course I cheered my team on all week, so by Thursday night my voice was fading...Friday I had a limited manly voice left and really had no business talking at all...Saturday people told me it was painful to listen to me try and squeak! Each day I've gotten slightly better and should be back to normal soon.

Funny thing: this isn't much of an abbreviated version, huh?

Super Duper: The Aunt's Weekend shirts are gonna be cute!
Super Pooper: funky tan lines

No comments :