Friday, July 04, 2008

...the hair...

I finally did it. I had been talking myself into a "big chop" for about 8 months. I had had long hair for some time. I was in a wedding in March and another in June, so I knew I wanted to keep it long for those weddings, but once those were over I was planning to donate my hair to lovs of love.

So this past Monday was the day. I had talked my friend, Kellie, into doing it with me. She had reeeeally long hair and was hesistant to chop it, but was up for it, since we were doing it together. So the time came, and we were both a little nervous. The end result, I think we are both surprised at how easy it was. Maybe because I had been talking myself into it for a while, but I don't regret it at all. I really like the new look, the light head, etc. About 2 years ago I had cut off 6 or 7 inches and went through some withdrawl, missing the long locks, but this time I think my hair had gotten too long, and I knew it was time for something new.



Admittedly, my hair might be a little shorter than I had anticipated, but I still like it, and it will soon grow and be the length I had in mind originally. I'm not sure how much ya'll cared to know the story of my hair, but I thought I'd document the experience, and share that this wasn't just a random impulse.

"There's no turning back now!"

WOW! IT'S SHORT!
In the office a few days later.

Happy 4th of July!

Super Duper: finally opening the NEW PLAYGROUND at church! Just planned the event - next Sunday, July 13!

Super Pooper: messy apartment (what else is new)

No comments :