Thursday, July 17, 2008

...healthy meals???

well...this is me attempting to work out, be healthy, lose a few lbs...we'll see how it goes.

I worked out today for the first time in who knows how long...sad, I know!

Hopefully I'll build up stamina and work out more frequently. My goal is 3-4 times a week, and then go from there.

I also went to the grocery so that I'll eat at home more often, hopefully healthy meals at home.

I've noticed that just by eating at home, I eat less...so that's an improvement already!

So, my question for you is, what is your favorite healthy meal? I'm open to at home or even at a restaurant, because the reality is I'll still be eating out and need to be making healthy choices.

I know you healthy people are out there...so go on, tell me your secrets!

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Oh, ps - the motivation for this is my sister's wedding next Spring! I haven't mentioned it because it isn't 100% official, seeing as he hasn't given her a ring. But they have already done extensive planning, like making reservations in Puerto Rico at the El San Juan (link) Resort!!! and signing a contract with the photographer...so, you can see how things are moving along. Oh, don't worry, I know its weird to plan a wedding before there's a ring on a finger, but hey, they have a unique situation, and it works for them. Oh, and yes, he's asked my dad for permission, so its all just a formality now!!! So the goal is to look great by next March!

Super Duper: free weekend at home!!! yes, I plan on lots of shopping! New Outlet Mall & Harwin!!!
Super Pooper: my electric bill for this month is OUT OF CONTROL!!!!

3 comments :

Elaine said...

Wow! That resort looks amazing! How fun!!

One of my fav healthy meals at home is to stir fry some veggies (either fresh or frozen) with some sort of asian sauce and eat them with brown rice (or asian flavored rice-a-roni for the less healthy option). I also like making burritos/tostadas. You can get low-fat beans, 2% cheese, lettuce and salsa and you're good to go for either one.

Jeff said...

If you are eating out for lunch with work try to get people to go to subway. Most have the meal of the day for 2.49. If you go to Chilies get the guiltless chicken platter. Other than that if you go out to eat just make the decision to only eat half of your meal and eat the other half the next night for dinner or lunch. I also found not drinking dr.pepper really does make a difference. Thats all I got =)

ruth.kern said...

Substituting whole wheat pasta for regular at the grocery only costs about 15 cents more and I can't taste a difference in most dishes. Also cutting sodas out completely can make a big difference.
One recipe I like is baked chimichangas/enchiladas. just mix about a 1.5 cup of diced chicken, 3/4 cup salsa and some cheese. spray pan with Pam. wet the outside of the tortilla and spoon some mixture inside and roll. bake at 400 for 15 min. pour a little more salsa on top as you serve.