Monday, November 03, 2008

...bonfire...

To spread things out, I'll start with telling you about this weekend in pieces. Friday I got to Waco and met up with my prego friend, Emily! We were good little alumni and went to a Homecoming reception for FCS majors. I had never been, and had never really cared to go, but 2 professors that I had worked for were retiring, so it was good to see them one last time. I saw several other profs that I had worked for. It was fun to be in that building again, remembering what it was like to be a student, sitting in those chairs, doing crossword puzzles during class, oh, what fun times we had!

Then we hit Spice & the Bookstore, made a few small purchases and then headed to Rudy's for some yummy BBQ with Brian, Elaine & Sara.

Then we all headed to the bonfire! We got there apparently after most of the "pep rally" portion, but just in time for the lighting of the fire. My favorite part was when the flames got so big and so hot and people starting running and trampling over eachother to back up because they were too close...it was commical! Of course it was great to see friends! Not as many as in years past...guess fewer and fewer of my friends return for HC...one of those "you know you're old when...." moments.

Here are some pics from Friday night...




more to come on the parade...
Super Duper: sweet potato fries at Fuddruckers
Super Pooper: its going to be challenging thinking of a super pooper every day for 30 days!

No comments :