Sunday, November 23, 2008

...my addiction...

Hi, my name is Kasey, and I'm addicted to Spider Solitaire.

If you don't know what I'm talking about go to your start menu, click on programs, then games, and I feel confident you have it on your computer. I started playing a few years ago in a boring class that I didn't have internet connection in, so I entertained myself playing Spider. Now if I'm not terribly interested in a TV show or just want to unwind, I play Spider.

For those of you familiar with the game, you know that there are 3 levels. You can play with 1 suit, 2 suits or 4 suits. I started with 1 suit, of course. I remember thinking it would impossible to play and win with 4 suits. Well, I am proud to tell you that some time ago, I won playing with all 4 suits! I know, you all respect me more (or maybe less) because I have accomplished this goal.

I think I like this game because it is challenging. Its not very fun if you know you can win a game every time, which I definitely don't! But I do still feel a great feeling of accomplishment when I win! I must confess though, I have a few "cheats" that I allow myself to use. The first one really isn't a cheat because the game is set up for this, but I use the "show next move" button. The other cheat I have no qualms about using is, the "undo" option. I figure, if it wasn't legal they wouldn't allow it. I am fully confident that I could NEVER win if I didn't allow myself to use the "undo" button. And, yes, I use it a lot, without guilt!

Are there any fellow addicts out there? Have you ever won a game using all 4 suits without using the "undo" button? Do you have another computer game you are addicted to and might recommend?

Super Duper: ran into a family I know at lunch today and they bought my lunch!
Super Pooper: only got a 30 min Sunday afternoon nap today

No comments :