Tuesday, November 25, 2008

...thanksgiving traditions...

Here are some things that my family traditionally does on Thanksgiving...

...watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade

...I know this is typical, but yes, the guys watch football, the girls cook, and I often am the one that entertains the kiddos

...make homemade place cards, often looking like turkeys or pumpkins or something like that

...while my dad has probably already made 2 grocery hauls, inevitably, he has to go back on Thanksgiving day, at least once.

...go around the table and say what we're thankful for, nice and cheesy, I know, we all complain about it every year, but we secretly love it

...go through the paper, looking for coupons and shopping deals on Black Friday

...fall asleep all throughout the house

...eat around 3, then desserts around 5, then revisit the main course around 8

...last year for the first time I helped the kids put together a "Cousin Parade", the kids have already informed me that this is a new tradition and we will be doing it again this year!

...play dominoes late when we're all stuffed and tired

and that's what my Thanksgiving Day will most likely look like.

Super Duper: still need to write one last paper
Super Pooper: Taco Bell gave me a real fork tonight instead of the normal spork they usually have

No comments :