Wednesday, December 31, 2008

...last post of 2008...

Well, I took a nice long break from blogging, thanks for noticing, mmhhmmhhhmm (that's me clearing me throat!), but I figured I might should make one last post for 2008!

The Christmas holidays have been great! Spent some great time at home, all 13 of us at my parents house for 3 days! Then my sisters with kiddos headed back to their homes on Christmas Eve, leaving just Kelly and I home on Christmas morning. It was actually kind of nice to have some down time after the chaos of everyone being home at one time!

The day after Christmas Kelly, my mom & I did some massive after Christmas shopping...IT WAS INSANE!!! I haven't shopped like that in a long time! It was like a re-Christmas!

Now I'm back in Houston, worked for a few days, dog sitting for Rebecca & her sister's dogs at their house. Then I'm headed back to visit my sisters for a few days in the Central Texas area, then back to Houston on Saturday, then gone again on Sunday to a retreat with fun Children's Ministry friends in a secluded cabin on a lake! It's so peaceful and nice to just get away! I can't wait!

That's my life from the past week and through the next week, I think that's plenty of info for now!

Oh, and if you're in google reader, click on over and see my new winter background! I'm obsessed with changing my motif!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Have fun and be safe!

Super Duper: Just found out that Kristy, my 2nd oldest sister, is expecting #3!!! We're hoping for a girl, just because it's been so long since we've been able to shop for and dress a precious little girl, but of course, a boy would be fabulous too!

Super Pooper: Haven't slept in my own bed in almost 2 weeks, and it will be another week before I do! boooo

3 comments :

Elaine said...

Love the new background and yay for the next niece or nephew! How exciting!

T said...

Glad to hear you had a fun week! I like the background.

ruth.kern said...

Alright, I survived about 2 weeks without a Kasey update but I don't think I can take it any longer... but no pressure :)