Saturday, January 17, 2009

...breaking the silence...

Well, a few of you may have noticed that I have only posted once in the past month! Yikes!

Shout out to Liesal & Ruth who actually noticed and left a comment in request of a post. You 2 get blog reader of the year!

You see, Elaine & I had this blog-off going, since November was NaBloPoMo, we decided to just keep it going and see who could go the longest. Then we both burned out and decided to call it a draw. Then I traveled like crazy for the holidays and then I don't know what came over me...I just wanted a break, really embraced not posting. And then, once I was ready to post, I felt like there was too much pressure. What is important enough to break the silence? I came up with nothing, but felt that the longer I waited the more the pressure built, and thus, decided to break the silence.

Since New Year's I went on an awesome retreat with fellow Children's Ministers and we had a HUGE Dedication Service for the New Worship Center at church!

At work I'm in the beginning stages of VBS 2009, and already really excited about it!

Personally, my sister's wedding is less than 2 months away! Travel plans have been made, I'm in charge of the guest bags, and trying to lose some lbs (Sara I may be joining you in the Weight Watchers club, I'll let you know) so that I can fit back into the dress I ordered! I'm super pumped and hoping its everything she is planning it to be! Puerto Rico or bust! Yea for a family vacay!

That's about it, in the general updating.

Oh, allow me to send you on over to visit these 2 peeps:

http://www.ihategreenbeans.com/ - AMAZING blog that recaps each episode of the Bachelor, and sucks you into the Bachelor cult...super funny!

http://blog.andymerrick.com/ - interesting blog that another friend referred to on her blog...he recently has done a series on why Christian guys don't ask girls out...he's pretty right on

Ok...there you have it, consider the silence broken and hopefully more frequent posts from now on.

Super Duper: worked out today!!!
Super Pooper: Christmas tree is undecorated, but still up :(

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

I worked out today too.

Elaine said...

Oh the pain of breaking the silence! I feel it too. Welcome back friend! You have been missed.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for breaking the silence! I'm glad you're back and no pressure for any great post, just the regular update!
~liesal

Kelly said...

i once had my tree up in June. Give yourself a break.