Thursday, December 04, 2008

...oh no he didn't!!!

Quick story!

Have I told ya'll about my professor who LOVES to give me a hard time about me finding a husband? It has been an ongoing joke all semester.

Let me remind you, there are 11 of us in the class plus the prof. Only one other female and she's a quiet 50 something Asian lady, the rest are all men, all married, except one. Well, earlier in the semester a few of the married men decided that the single guy and I needed to be set up. Let's just leave it that I didn't think this was the best idea.

So today, we're taking a group final (a whole other story), going around each answering a different question, and I kid you not, right in the middle of our test my prof says, "Wait a minute, we need to stop right now and pray for Kasey. She really needs to find a husband and we all need to pray for her. She has been really lonely and needs a companion." As he is saying this another guy is chiming in, "I've been praying for her all semester to find a husband." The whole class is laughing, I'm embarrassed, but cracking up, and the single guy's jaw is on the ground because he doesn't know about this ongoing joke.

So, I, not knowing really how to respond, decided to chime in and said, "Dr. Burns, that was a private conversation when I shared all of that with you," as if we had talked about this previously!!! Oh, it was awesome, everyone cracked up! He laughed and said, "Oh, Kasey, you got me!"

Everyone knew it was a joke, but it was still awkwardly embarrassing. Luckily this prof and I have a good relationship and can give each other a hard time! Not what you would typically expect to happen during a seminary final!

Super Duper: In Corpus celebrating Ashlyn's & my birthday!
Super Pooper: Still don't have a gift for Ash!

2 comments :

Elaine said...

Good news! Today I have on my new pair of tights that actually fits and stays up! No sandwich method needed! And just so you know...when I finally got home last night, the old tights were DANGEROUSLY low...lets just say that if they had been pants, I would have been a plumber!!

Natrudy said...

Oh my goodness, this is absolutely hilarious! Don't people realize that when they point it out, it only makes it worse?