Thursday, March 19, 2009

Monday, March 9th, Day One

Ok, so I didn't really leave for my Puerto Rican excursion til Tuesday, but I wanted to document the events from start to finish, and things got crazy starting on Monday, March 9th.

I assume you all know that I left last week for Puerto Rico with my entire family to celebrate and participate in the destination wedding of my sister, Kelly. The next series of posts will recall daily events, hope you enjoy, I'll include as many pics as possible.

Monday I normally go to school in the morning. But with so much to do, I decided to skip. I woke up, finished packing and loaded all my luggage in my car. That consisted of a large suitcase, a small suitcase, a hanging bag, a laptop bag and a purse.

I went into work for a few hours, mainly setting things up and finalizing some things so that everything would go smoothly while I was away.

My sister, Kristy, arrived in Houston around 4pm with her 2 kids. She and her kids, my parents & I were all staying in a hotel that night by the airport to help make catching our 10am flight a little easier (with 2 kids mind you). Once she got to Houston, we ran to a tanning salon and each got a spray tan. This was a first for me. I was pleased with the subtle outcome, but it had faded by the wedding, so the main point of getting it was lost...ah well.

Around 5:30 my parents rolled into town and we all went to dinner at Guadalajara. This is Ashlyn & my parents, excited to start our adventure.

That night at The Sleep Inn there was some transferring of things that had been packed, trying on of clothes that we had bought for each other along the way, and finally trying to get to bed. Cole, my 20 month old nephew is used to going asleep in a dark room by himself. So while my mom & sister tried to put him to sleep, my dad, Ashlyn & I hung out in the little breakfast area for about an hour. Good times.

When we finally get back in the room, all settled and everyone in bed it was about 11pm. We woke up at midnight to Cole SCREAMING. I picked him up. He was BURNING up!!! So, at midnight, in N. Houston by the airport, my parents, who barely know Houston, venture out to try and find some children's Tylenol to break his fever. An hour and a half later, they return. Cole takes the Tylenol, by around 2am, we're all back to sleep, in different beds than we had started in for some reason. Then at 3am I wake up to my dad's horrific snoring (foreshadowing of events in PR) and didn't fall back asleep until around 4am. Next think I know, it's 6am, i guess I had finally dozed off. What a crazy night and crazy beginning to a big week.

My favorite part of staying at the Sleep Inn was when Ashlyn asked, will our hotel in Puerto Rico be as nice as the Sleep Inn? I sure hope so! The Sleep Inn had 2 double sized beds and cost $125 a night...our hotel in Puerto Rico...well, you'll have to stay tuned to find out about it!

Next post: Tuesday's travel day!

Super Duper: things have been chill at work since it's Spring Break

Super Pooper: allergies are taking over me!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Love reading the adventures of Kasey and Fam! Can't wait to hear more!
~liesal