Saturday, March 07, 2009

...this is how I rodeo...

Yes, I love me some rodeo!!! Everything about it! The boots, the hats, the blinged out belts, the livestock, the sweet new born piglets, the fried everything, the concert, the calf scramble, and most of all the laughter of friends throughout the night!

Here's some pics from Thursday night. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures with Claire...Janelle got the good pic of all 4 of us (please share!).

chicken friend bacon...seriously?

sweet little piglets that were born earlier that day!!! notice the runt on the left side!


Janelle & Rebs in the arena


4 years in a row we've hit the Houston Rodeo together!


And that's how we do the Rodeo! I think I could really like being a cowgirl, a blinged out cowgirl that is.

Oh, funny story. Standing in line for the bathroom a lady told me that cowgirl hats aren't supposed to be pink. Black or brown, but not pink. I told her I had bought this hat at the rodeo several years ago, so surely that made it ok. She said she was just giving me a hard time. I wanted to say, "Look at the rest of me, do I look like an authentic cowgirl? I'm pretty sure the pink is more appropriate for this urban cowgirl diva."

Good times. Good times.

I'll try to post one more time before I LEAVE FOR PUERTO RICO ON TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

But no promises!

If I don't, happy Spring Break!

Super Duper: bought another bathing suit yesterday, that I don't really need...

Super Pooper: spending too much of my tax return on silly things

2 comments :

Jeff said...

You would hate being a real cowgirl, not to mention it you wouldn't last =) By the way I'm going to be a daddy =)

Jeff and Erin said...

mmmmm....bacon and pigs. I would totally eat some chicken fried bacon right now.