Monday, April 27, 2009

...a fun, but exhausting, weekend...

Well, since I had worked the previous week without a day off, my amazing boss said I could take an extra day off last week. I usually don't worry about equal days off, but with school I really need the extra time to get stuff done. So, I didn't go into work on Thursday. I woke up and worked on one of my papers that is due next week. Then I packed and got ready and got on the road around lunch time.

Most of you probably know that I travel A. LOT. So, this weekend I was off to Corpus for a party at my parent's house. Since Kelly & Brandon had a destination wedding, my parents wanted to have a party so that all of their friends could meet Brandon, see the video, pictures and get a taste of what we experienced in Puerto Rico!

I drove into Corpus around 4pm. My mom & I ran errands, she got a haircut, then we headed for my favorite fajitas at POETS!!! Mmmmm. Even better, the Pinson's were eating there too, so we joined them! A special treat to get to spend time with them!

Friday I woke up and worked on more school work. That was the deal. If I was going to spend the weekend at home, I still had to get some school work done! Then at 2pm I went to get the pedicure appointment that my mom had made for me!

Friday afternoon was jam packed with more errands for the party. My mom had gone overboard and there was a lot to do to be ready! Kelly & Brandon's flight got in late Friday night. Then Kelly, my mom & I stayed up til 1am putting out pictures and working on other details for the party!

We woke up Saturday and, yes, you guessed it, ran more errands. We also had some cooking to do. Mom had planned a menu that highlighted as many things we ate in Puerto Rico as possible.

The party was a 7. I think about 25 people came. The house was full, everything looked awesome, from the tropical center pieces to all the pictures of the wedding, I think everyone got a good taste of Puerto Rico! It was so fun to see all those people I grew up knowing!

Sorry, I took a few, and I do mean only a few, pictures, but they were on my sister's camera...so, no luck making it on the blog.

The bummer deal was that since the party lasted so late, of course I wasn't driving back to Houston that night, so I woke up at 5:20 in order to make it back to Tallowood in time to do my thing in Preschool. It was a long Sunday, but I did get a good nap.

Then, we had this special dinner theater event in place of Sunday night worship. It was really really fun! First Allen & Kristin Hightower sang that amazing song from Les Miserables...ahhhmazing!!! Then my favorite contemporary worship leader, Dave Ray, made an appearance as Davey Ray Pickens and sang his single, Incarcerated Woman! It's a HILARIOUS song about how dating an incarcerated woman is better than a woman on the "outside"!!! Then these ridiculous 2 old ladies came out and did a silly comedy act about being "church women." All in all a fun night!

Sorry this was all information, a little boring...

The Good News: I'm about 3/4 of the way done with both of my big papers that are due.
The Bad News: My head is stuffy and I sure hope I'm not getting sick, on top of having so much to do for the last week of school!

No comments :