Wednesday, July 15, 2009

...lately...

Sometimes I wonder how I have kept this blog up for the past 4 years. Even though I have stuff going on, sometimes I have a real lack of motivation to update...does anyone even read anymore? Well, for what it's worth, here's what I've been up to the past few weeks.

I went home on July 1st to spend a few days at home. My 2 oldest sisters and their kids (minus Brady) were all there. We had a great time eating at my fave restaurants, hitting the beach, wrastling, and the kids favorite activity, waking me up early by jumping on me! It was the closest thing I can call a "vacation" this summer. Just a few days off, not thinking about anything related to church, which was nice considering how hectic June was!

I headed back to Houston on Sunday, June 5th, although I was sad to leave the kids, I was especially sad to have to leave Jada (yes, I finally named my new car!) in Corpus. There was a weird thing going on with the AC in my car so I had to leave it in Corpus so it could get fixed :( After driving around Houston in my dad's 2 door red Caddy I was ready to get Jada back, so I made a spontaneous trip to Corpus on Friday to pick her up! It was also fun to surprise all the kids, they were still in Corpus and didn't know I was coming back! It was a quick trip since I had to return to Houston for church on Saturday night, but I was glad I made the trip. Too bad when I got to Corpus my parents told me that they had secretly planned to bring me my car on Sunday...or so they say.

So, I've been back in the office this week. Things have really slowed down, a much welcomed change of pace. I've enjoyed getting caught up on work and planning ahead for a few special events that we have coming up this summer. I have been feeling a bit run down, so I took the morning off to rest up for............AUNT'S WEEKEND!!!

That's right! Kelly picks up Ashlyn, Brady & Blake tomorrow morning and they head this way for a jam-packed, fun-filled 2 days! Here's the itinerary:

Thursday afternoon - lunch by the pool/play in the pool
Thursday night - CIRCUS!!!

Friday - NASA
Friday night - movie night & pizza

Saturday morning - swim again
Saturday lunch - Incredible Pizza or Chuck-E-Cheese
Saturday afternoon - Kelly takes the kids back to their parents

Should be a quick 2 days! The kids are really excited! They don't know everything we have planned, so that should be fun! I just finished the t-shirts and tote bags last night, but still have a lot of cleaning to do and need to make a grocery run tonight.

So, lots to do, and I promise to give you an AW09 post!

Have a happy hump day!

The Good News: I'm forced to clean my apartment since the sister & kiddos are coming!
The Bad News: My cousin's wedding is in 2.5 weeks and I still haven't figured out if I'm going and if I am, then I need to purchase plane tix!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

i still read! and check for a new post at least every other day if not everyday!
~ liesal

Jeff said...

I read your blog by the way thanks for the email!!! You are thinking what email? Exactly! No love for Erin and I from you. Email Scott and Abby but no email for us. I even called you from Iraq! I am going to make it my personal goal that you don't get to see us when we are in the states!!! =) Hope you have a great night and now I might stop reading your blog =)

Sarah Beth said...

I still read too, I'm just bad at commenting, and I'm even worse at updating my own blog!