Saturday, November 28, 2009

THANKFUL

I know this post is late, but I wanted to still be able to document it:

My gracious Heavenly Father.  You know, at different time in our life I think we appreciate different characteristics of God.  Of course I am thankful for His unending love, His saving grace and His hand of protection in my life, but this year, at this point in my life, I am learning to appreciate His faithfulness to me, personally, each day.  My God has been with me each step of my life, guiding me, preparing a way for me, and He will continue to be faithful as He shows me each day what He has for me and how He wants to use me to bring honor and praise to His name!

Ofcourse I am thankful for an amazing family.  Don't get me wrong, we're not perfect, but I wouldn't trade them for the world.  My parents are always supportive, my sisters are always available and the kiddos are always good for a laugh.  I love love love spending time with them all and am so grateful that we all live within just a few hours drive of eachother.

I am thankful for an amazing church family, a wonderful place to serve.  It's amazing that I've been there almost 5 years now.  It's a place I feel at home, a place I feel invested.  I am ever grateful for how much I have learned in these first 5 years of ministry. 

Of course I am thankful for dear friends in my life.  I am thankful for those friends that I share life with day in and day out.  Those friends that walk through stuff with me.  Friends that I call when I'm stressed or excited or sad or confused.  Friends that I laugh with and yes, sometimes even cry with.  I am thankful for friends I share ministry with, a great group of Jr. Staffers.  I am thankful for old friends that know me.  Friends that make an effort to keep in touch. 

I know this all sounds generic, but it's very true in my life! I'm also thankful to God for all of the provisions in my life.  He has given me a job that I love, a safe place to live, a new car to drive and food each day. 

My gracious heavenly Father is so abundantly generous to me. 

Random thought/fact of the day: I'm so excited, I've already gotten 2 birthday presents!!! A fun new blingged out belt for the rodeo, and seasons 9 & 10 of Friends (a collection I've always wanted, but never started)! Fun times!

No comments :