Friday, December 11, 2009

...embracing 27...

Yup, last Monday I hit the big 2-7!  I will say, every year I try to prepare myself that adult birthdays just aren't exciting, but every year I feel a little bit like a child, expecting some special thing to happen on my birthday.  So, as a reminder to myself as to how blessed I am, I will recount the festivities that occured in conjunction with my birthday:

Friday, Nov 27 - Sister gave me 2 seasons (9&10) of Friends, and mom got me a blinged out belt mainly for the Rodeo, but I've already worn it a few times!

Wednesday, Dec 2 - Group of ladies that I eat lunch with every Wednesday from childcare at Tallowood took me to Taste of Texas!

Friday, Dec 4 - went home to CC, parents took me to get my fave fajitas at POETS

Saturday, Dec 5 - mom (& dad) got me running shoes, a cute black hoodie with a blinged out cross on the back, a cool blinged out cross ring, make-up, other sister gave me a cool wooden cross for my office

Sunday, Dec 6 - Friends (Rebs, Dave & Jess) took me to Roadhouse to celebrate early!  A sweet friend in Preschool leadership gave me some yummy smelling bath stuff from B&BW!

Monday, Dec 7 - actual b'day - when I got to the office my secretary had a gift of Ghirardelli chocolates on my desk! Then I went back to Taste of Texas with youth staff for lunch, got a Christmas plate from my boss and a super fun package from Rebs, complete with pj's, a movie, a magazine and popcorn! That night I had a Christmas party, where they surprised me with a yummy red velvet birthday cake! mmmm! I was also super blessed ALL DAY LONG with tons of phone calls, text messages and an overwhelming number of comments on facebook! So nice to feel loved!

This pic is at Taste on my birthday with Rebecca, sitting in Santa's sleigh!  Sorry the quality is stinky, it's taken with my iphone, hopefully after Christmas I'll have a new camera (hint hint MOM)!



All in all I think I was sufficiently celebrated!  I've decided to embrace the late twenties becuase, well, everyone says the big 3-0 isn't very fun.  So I'm going to savor the 20s while I got 'em! So, here's to 27!

1 comment :

abby said...

I would have loved to celebrate with you! Glad you had many friends and family around to make you feel loved - as you are! Happy Very Belated Birthday! :)