Tuesday, April 27, 2010

...lately...

Sorry for the lack of posts the past few weeks! The last 2 week(ends) have been busy.  Weekend before last was my big VBS training weekend.  We had dinner on Friday night for the VBS Directors and then a training seminar for all teachers on Saturday morning.  I'm super pumped about our western ranch theme! Here are some pics from the dinner and training set up:

Dinner tables

cute cute cute decor!

 decoration ideas for VBS rooms




 A week ago Sunday, I had 2 showers to go to! Whew, exhausting! These pics are from a blessings shower where we encouraged 3 soon to be moms! It was so neat to share scripture with them and tell them how excited we are for them to be moms! They had a time to share specific prayer requests and then we prayed for each of them.  It was a really special time.  Here are the 3 moms, 3 girls I love! Jess, Kaela & Teresa (standing in order of their due dates).

me with the mommies!

with my sweet sweet friend, Abby!


This past weekend 7 girls and I headed out for a girls weekend at a lake house.  It was amazing! We chatted, relaxed, ate, watched movies, played games, enjoyed the beautiful weather. It was awesome! For lunch on Friday Rebecca and I made a favorite of ours and it was hit.  Who couldn't love Cornbread Salad? Mmmmm, delish!

We also made jewelry, here are our goods! It was super fun designing and helping each other come up with these pieces!

Sweet Abby was making us frozen hot chocolate and the food processor spewed all over her, we had to have a good laugh about it!

Oh, I'm sorry, did I forget to mention that it is BEAUtiful there?  This is the view from their back porch! Ahhhh, I could sit out there ALL day!

The Sprinkles

I know this is dark, but this is some of the girls eating lunch by the lake, amazing, I know!

better view of their lovely faces

The view of the back of the house (taken standing by the lake)

 We took girly pics in all sorts of combinations by the lake! LOVE IT! This is my sweet friend, Teresa who is having a baby girl in August!

same pic with lovely Abby

So, now you know what I've been up to! Things have been busy, but in a good way!

I've got a few more exciting events coming up, so stay tuned, I'm sure more pictures posts are to come...I seem to be on a role.  I'm not even sure I would know what to post if I didn't have pictures to guide me!

Have a great week!

2 comments :

Jeff and Erin said...

awww... love those pics! Glad you had a good time at the lake, I hear (via Scott) that it was pretty great.

Sarah Beth said...

cornbread salad?? Looks amazing, recipe please!!