Tuesday, April 13, 2010

...shopping day...

Yesterday I had an amazing opportunity.  All female graduates and the wives of male graduates from SWBTS are provided with a new outfit, head to toe for graduation and any interview/ church visits you might be going on after graduation.  You have to apply for the "Dressed for Service" program.  Twelve women were selected from the Houston campus.  Yesterday was my shopping day.  Yes, you are allowed to laugh and think this is strange.  Laugh all you want, I'm the one that ended up with a nice new dress, cardigan, shoes, purse and jewelry.  Here are my duds:

Anne Klein dress, I know, you can't see it very well, but it's a nice tailored black pleated sheath dress with a cap sleeve.  It also has a criss cross interest across the chest.  It's really basic, but has some nice interest in it. Oh, and yeah, I look way better in the dress than this hottie.

The cardigan below is Shu Shu brand and was impossible to find online, so you get a ghetto picture of it that I just took in my apartment.  It's SUPER cute and has ruched/gathered sleeves! It looks great over the dress, but I will also get a lot of wear out of it with more casual looks! Oh, and the dress looks great with or without the cardigan, making it more versatile as well.


Since my outfit was a nice basic black, you best believe I needed a pop color shoe.  It was soooo funny when I started pulling all yellow or red heels to try on, one of the ladies from the seminary that was shopping with us said, "Kasey, are you just kidding around or are you really going to try those shoes on." Haha, those of you that know me are not surprised that I needed a bright shoe.  I ended up with a nice, stylish, but also simple red patent heel.  They are Gianni Bini's.

We took a break from so much shopping for a delish meal at Cheesecake Factory! It was amazing!  I got the Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes...mmmm



Then our table ordered the red velvet/cheesecake layered cake - y'all, seriously, this cake is A-MAZ-ING!



While we were at lunch, we perused Premier Designs Jewelry catalogs and each got to pick out 3 items.  I got an amazing necklace with a removeable pendant that can also be worn as a pin, my third piece was a set of matching earrings.  This picture is just of the necklace and the earrings.  No, I did not get the bracelet that is pictured.



This is the pendant/pin.  I'm realy excited about these unique pieces!


After lunch we headed to Macy's and each picked out purses.  This is my amazing purse.  The only thing I don't like about it is that it is Jessica Simpson...I'm forcing myself to look past that.



Ok, I'm sorry most of these pics aren't professional quality, but if you knew how long it took me to find these pics on the internet, you would understand why I settled.

Anywho, all in all it was a great day!  I'm really excited about everything I got!

2 comments :

Teresa said...

That is awesome that they do this for you! Love the purse especially!!!

Sarah Beth said...

So cool! I love the purse, my bag is a Jessica Simpson, the girl makes some good lookin bags! Not to mention durable, I've had mine a year and it looks great! you'll look so cute in all that!