Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Katrina

I think of how overwhelmed I am by all the devasation from Hurricane Katrina, and then I realize that it hasn't even directly affected me. What about all of those thousands of people without a home, not even a home to go home to now that it's all over. It's overwhelming I'm sure. They are just living day to day, trying to decide how they are going to provide for their family. Houston has taken a huge amount of people that have escaped from the Hurricane. Tallowood is opening up a shelter. It's really neat to see the Body of Christ come together to do anything possible. Then there is also all those thousands of people who will be set up in the Astrodome. They must be so hungry, scared, tired, and weary. It will be truly amazing to see how this all pans out and how the people manage. I am addicted to the news. It's just like after 911. Only this time we are a little closer to the "ground 0" and we can do something. I only wish we could do more. I guess we can, just pray. Please join me in praying for the people who are suffering right now! Make this personal, find a way to get involved, donate money, clothes, or time! There is a way for you to make a difference!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hey I got your IM this morning. My blog info should come up with my identity on this comment. If it doesnt, let me know! Hope you have a great day!