Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Please accept my apologies...

I feel as though I owe the readers of my blog (all 3 of you) an apology. I never intended to neglect my posting for over a week!! But I promise, it was beyond my control! Having evacuated from Houston to my sister's in Temple to escape Hurricane Rita, I was without access to the internet. So, my apologies. Believe me, I understand the frustration of checking someone's blog, only to find a post you've already read. And then the next day, and the day after that. After a while you stop checking to see if they have a new post. I truly hope that I have not discouraged any of you from checking my blog. I promise, as long as it is within my control, to never not post for over a week again.

I feel as though I must give my account of officially being a Hurricane Rita evacuee. Having read a few others' accounts, I feel as though I really was blessed by my travels. I was fortunate to beat most of the traffic and make a 4 hr drive to Temple on Wednesday afternoon. Usually it only takes me 2.5 hrs, so that wasn't terrible. My parents arrived from Corpus later that night (they were also evacuating the Hurricane that was threatening to hit CC) and we were all at my sister's through Sunday. My parents went home on Sunday, but my boss and I had decided that it would be best for me to wait out the traffic trying to get back into Houston on Tuesday. So I woke up this morning and hit the road. With a combination of waiting till Tuesday and taking some back roads I made fine time. To be honest it was a nice little free vacation!! I was glad to get back though, and try to resume some kind of normalcy. I do think I lost power at some point, all my clocks were blinking when I got home today, but other than that, all is well.

Oh, for all of you who were wondering, the "Aunt's weekend" that I had previously mentioned had to be postponed due to the Hurricane. I just received confirmation that we will be doing it Oct 7,8,9. I'm still pumped and super excited that I still get to do it!!

I know this is a terribly lame post, but I think that's all I got. I want to try something new, I won't do it all the time, but every now and then I would like to pose a question to you, the readers of this blog, and if you feel ever so inclined (and I hope you do), leave me a comment with your answer. So here is your question :

In keeping with the Hurricane theme, If you had to evacuate and could only take one thing from your house/apt, what would it be (exclude clothes) ?

Oh yeah, I really enjoyed getting to see some of my friends in Waco while I was evacuated!! Fun times catching up! I love you guys!

One more thing...you should all click on the link that says "father of my children" he has recently posted some rather funny, i mean personally offensive, posts. Check it, I promise, if you know me well, it will give you a good laugh!

Super Duper: becoming addicted to Amazing Race on the first night
Super Pooper: Gilmore Girls was a slightly disappointing episode tonight...

2 comments :

Elaine said...

I would take my scrapbooks. You just can't replace those memories. And I would take my puppy, but I don't think she counts as a "thing". Love you!

Kristy said...

I would have to agree with elaine. Pictures mostly and obviously miss Macie. It was so good to see you this weekend! I also agree that Gilmore Girls could have been better.