Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Somebody stop this thing called life

Oh dear, where to start? I know last week some time I posted about all the things I need to get done, but yet was not motivated to do them. Well, now it's not a matter of motivation, it a matter of only having 24 hours a day. Let's start with the fact that I spent last Friday and Saturday at the Evacuee shelter my church opened. Then I left town on Sunday to spend wonderful time with my beautiful neice and nephews! Man, they make all the problems in the world suddenly fade away! What a wonderful time we had! Then I drove back this morning (waking up at 6:00 am to get to work on time!!!) for a full day of work.

Let's start there, when I woke up my throat was scratchy and I kept sneezing. I still havn't decided if it's allergies or if I'm getting sick. Then, I got to work right around 9:15 and had my hands full as I was walking in and poured my coffee all over my purse. I got over it and went into the bathroom to put "my face" on before I saw anyone without any make-up on. As I was preparing myself for the day I dropped my base on the bathroom floor and it exploded on the tile floor splattering all over my shoes, legs and nice black professional skirt!! ugh! What a start to a long day. I'll spare you the rest of the details, but let's just say it was 10:00 before I got home!!! And tomorrow won't be much better.

Oh yeah, and while I'm unloading let's talk about the fact that I have a friend's friend (who I've only met once) coming to stay with me Thursday-Sunday and my apartment is a complete mess (see previous post). And don't forget that I committed to stay up all night on Friday at the shelter, and one more thing, I have my first seminary paper due on Monday and I've only read 1/3 of the book!! Not to mention all the other reading just to keep up with general class discussion and quizzes. I'm trying to remain calm, but things are a little overwhelming right now!! I keep telling myself that it will all get done, I just keep wondering when and how and if I"ll be alive to see it all get done!

Okay, I'm done. Life is good. I love my job and my apartment. I just need to learn to prioritize and be extra efficient. I'll let you know how that works out! Okay, time to get some reading done before the night is completely lost!

super duper: going to see my neice and nephews
super pooper (besides the obvious): amount of gas it took to get there :(

No comments :