Sunday, November 06, 2005

living the high life...

Oh, my dear friends. For me to tell of this experience does not do it justice. The saddest part is that I don't even have any pictures...man, my ps best get me a digital camera for Christmas!! Anywho, tonight I had a first, and possibly only, extravagant meal. It was amazing. No cost was considered. Nothing on the menu had a price. Now, actually, the menu was set, but I was very well pleased with the way it was set.

It was a five course meal. For simplicity's sake I'll outline the courses, and then describe the overall presentation.

1st course: smoked salmon with a creamy cucumber sauce with 2 cucumber slices. VERY NICE presentation.
2nd course: DELICIOUS crabcakes with all sorts of sauces and garnishes
3rd course: House salad with a choice of 3 homemade dressings
4th course: your choice of a 3 inch 10 oz filet, or snapper with crab on top - both served with mashed potatoes, some crunchy potatoe things, and asparagus

5th course: creme brule bread pudding, homemade orange hazelnut chocolate truffle

Okay friends, as I said, let me do my best to describe this evening. First, let me start with the ambiance! IT WAS AMAZING!! We sat outside under our own individual gazebo thing. Surrounded by beautiful garden, pond, trees all lit with Christmas lights....it was breath taking. Again, I'm painfully sorry there is no picture! Well, here is one from the website, but imagine with white lights everywhere.

It was a perfect night outside to sit and have dinner. Mind you that with every course they brought out at least one new wine that was recommended for that food, sometimes 2 wines, just for one course (no worries, I didn't partake of the wine...)!! It was crazy! Everytime a new course would come out at least 3-4 guys would walk out with all the treys at once so that everyone could be served at the same time. Not to mention I had no clue who our official server was. I mean, there was one guy whose only job was to serve the wine. He was like the wine coordinator or something crazy like that. Then also, and I'm not making this up, random guys, multiple ones, would come walk around our table and just observe. Mind you that we were off in our completely separate gazebo, it wasn't like they were on their way some place...it was craziness. Well, you get the gist...it was amazing!! We had a fabulous time, and the best part was I never had to see the bill...I honestly can't even begin to imagine the total cost, especially with all that wine. Oh yeah, after dinner, but before desert they brought out this fabulous icecream drink, it did have a little alcohol in it (so I just took one sip for a taste), but they brought 5 of them...who knows how much each of those cost!! There were 14 people in our party and I think it's safe to say that the bill was between $1500-$2000, seriously!! I have NEVER in my life seen anything like it. It was a fun special occasion, but not something I think I'll have to get used to any time soon, or rather, just any time.

Super Duper: WIll told me to change my font for my paper from Times NewRomans to Courier New, and it went from 13 to 19pgs!!! YIPPEEE, all of a sudden I'm done!

Super Pooper: Still have to study for my test on Monday...

1 comment :

Elaine said...

who did you go with? who was paying? what was the occasion? what did you wear? DETAILS Kasey!!