Saturday, December 31, 2005

...reflections and resolutions...

well, I suppose I'll join the crowd and do a reflection on 2005. So here's a list of monumental happenings of 2005.

*graduated from Baylor over a year ago.

*got my first job in ministry at Tallowood Baptist Church

*moved into an apartment all by myself in Houston

*lived through my first VBS as Preschool Associate

*my sister had another baby, lil Blakers

*mom gave us a huge scare with all her appendicitis and diverticulitis, 3 surgeries in one year, praise the Lord she is doing fabulously!!!

*survived my first semester of seminary, and really enjoyed it

*learned what its like to have friends that live far away in other states

*learning how to be independent and make it on my own

*learned that I can't make it on my own, must rely on family and friends, and most of all God.

That's most of what I got for 2005, so here's some ambitions for 2006:

* I really would like to lose some weight. I know this is terribly cliche, but I've gained too much weight in this yr in Houston, and its disgusting me, so I'm going to work out and eat right, I'll let you know how it goes.

* Be more consistent in my walk. Talk to Him daily, be in the Word daily, Live for Him, not for me. This life is not my own.

I think I'll leave it at that. That's going to keep my busy enough, I mean, let's be realistic, I may be dreaming with all this anyways.

So there you have it, reflections and resolutions!

Super Duper: Heading to DFW tomorrow and am going to be able to hang out with old friends!!
Super Pooper: throat still hurting, in fact getting worse

No comments :