Saturday, February 04, 2006

...what a night...

Since I'm sure you were all dying to know what I ended up doing last night, allow me to enlighten you with as best a play by play I can come up with.

6:42 - Rebecca met me at my apt and we headed to the housewarming party at Heather Bell's.

7:13 - We arrive, fashionably late, of course. Saw some people we don't see very often. Took a tour of the precious lil house. Met some new people.

8:21 - Left the housewarming and headed to the church for Single Adult game night.

8:44 - Got to the church. There was a game of "Imaginiff" and "Mexican Train(Dominos)" already in mid game.

8:53 - Rebecca and I played ping pong.

9:17 - The other games finished up, everyone headed to the gym and played some intense "Knock Out (yes, remember that game? I don't think I've played that game in at least 6 years!!!)

9:41 - We decided to play "Knock Out" from almost half court, and I made my first shot from at least 6 ft behind the 3 point line...hahaha, I had to stop while I was ahead!!! Everyone was cheering!

10:10 - We all moved out to the game area and watched some people play ping pong.

10:32 - We decided to all play some multi player ping pong games called "Scramble" and "Round Robin". In all the running around I had taken off my sparkley shoes and was running around bare foot. The floor was very slippery and in a mad dash to try and hit the ball my feet slipped out from under me and I was flat on my rear in 2 seconds flat! CRACKING UP ALL THE WHILE!! Everyone was worried that I was hurt, but only because I was laughing so hard they couldn't hear me, you know, the silent laugh, like that of a baby that takes 5-6 seconds to emerge into a high pitched cackle!! Oh, it was hilarious. My dignity left the room at that moment. At least we all had a good laugh.

11:00 - Decided to call it a night and all head our separate ways. Rebecca and I headed to my apartment for her to get her car.

11:08 - Heard, but didn't see, a wreck happen right in front of us. Decided to stop since no cops were there. Turned out there was a little boy in the car, which Rebecca entertained all night. Then there was a witness with a 9 month old baby asleep in her car, which I watched while the witness gave her account to the police, and helped with the injured people.

11:52 - After the police arrived and assessed the situation, we watched them interrogate one of the drivers and made her follow a pin with her eyes, then walk a line, etc. Quite an ordeal, not something you see everyday.

12:32 - Things finally calmed down, wreckers took the cars away, and the police finally handcuffed the drunk driver (a lady in her 50s with white hair, not what you usually envision to be a "drunk driver". We finally headed to my apartment and Rebecca went home after that.

Quite a night, not at all what I had expected!

Super Duper: Got some reading done today!!
Super Pooper: Still more reading to do by Monday!!

1 comment :

Elaine said...

you did have a fun night!! I'll give you a link to the dress over AIM sometime soon...I didn't want to put it on my blog lest Brian find it. And later I have you tell you about my fun night!! Love ya!