Tuesday, March 28, 2006

...2 days in a row...

I don't normally post 2 days in a row, but I feel that today it is worth while.

Today was quite a day. It started with creating a new home in my "office system" (note: we're not allowed to call them what they are, cubicles). I did absolutely no "work" today. Today was completely devoted to unpacking boxes, getting organized and putting as many ladybugs in my new space as possible. It was surprisingly satisfying to set up everything just as I wanted it. Sadly enough it took me all day to get everything set just the way I wanted it. But now I think I'm good and set to go for a productive day tomorrow.

I got ready to leave right at 4:30 because Rebecca and I were having a little dinner party at my apartment for our friend, Abby's, birthday (it was yesterday). Well I got Rebecca and we went to go get the dessert for our party out of the freezer in the kitchen. Only to discover that the freezer was locked and our dessert that Rebecca had slaved over was not accessible. So I went on to my apartment while Rebecca tried to see if there was a way to get into the freezer. Long story short, poor Rebecca ended up coming up with a plan B dessert (which was still de-lish), but she had to go to the grocery and still make it. We ended up getting everything done and having everything ready by the time everyone got there (thankfully they were all a few mins late).

So we ate, drank (non-alcoholic beverages, of course) and were merry. It really was a fun time. We all sat cozily around my little table (6 of us, 2 being on wobbly stools).

Side note: One of the funniest comments all night was when I sat down on the stool, which was a little high and made it awkward to sit at the table. I had been sitting a while, when Rebecca looked over at me and said she was about to ask me why I didn't sit down, because it looked like I was still standing. Okay, maybe you had to be there, but it was really funny.

Then we played cards and watched the Amazing Race. I forgot how much fun it is to watch a show with other people. Adding comments makes it so much more interesting and funny. As always, we had a fab evening. Everyone headed home around 10:20.

So nice to have a good group of friends like that, it's taken a while, but I'm finally beginning to feel like Houston and Tallowood is home. Not that the past year+ hasn't been great, but moving to a new place it always take time before you "fit".

So, today was a jam packed, stressful, productive, fun and relaxing day all wrapped up together.

Super Duper: an absolutely FREE weekend!!!
Super Pooper: um, still the month of April, work and school are going to be the death of me.

1 comment :

Rebecca said...

That was so very funny when I thought you were standing up! I do think you had to be there! :)