Monday, March 27, 2006

...I know, I'm in trouble...

Yes, I'm the one that made the rule that if you are going to have a blog you must at least blog once a week. Well, I have surpassed my week. In stead of justifying and making excuses to you, I'll just do my best to fill you in.

This past weekend was da bomb.com. My lovely friend Liesal flew all the way out here from California just to see me!!! I know, quite amazing!!! To be honest with you, this may sound cheesy, but it didn't matter what we did while she was here, it was just having her here that was so great.

Kelley had picked up Liesal from the airport at noon on Thursday, so that night I went over to Kelley and Jason's (the Severance's) for tacos. I was cool with this, except that Kelley and Jason's friends, Katy and Bobbie (engaged) were joining us. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about inviting other people, the more the merrier, but what I need to tell you is that Bobbie dated my sister, Kelly (note the difference from Kelley, who's apt I was at) 3 or 4 years ago. I have seen Bobbie a few times since then and we usually ignore each other because things didn't end so well with them. So, no, I wasn't looking forward to a night with just 6 people in one apartment, and one of those people being Bobbie. But it ended up being all right. Slightly awkward, but still fun. We ate, played a game, and watched the NCAA tournament.

Friday Liesal and I just lounged around all morning. It was soooooooo nice. Then we met Kelley for lunch and then I took the girls to Harwin!!! We probably all spent too much money, but it was super fun!!! Then we got stuff at the grocery because a few of my favorite Houston girls were coming over for a girls nite!! We ate, Liesal did her Arbonne presentation, then we all tried out some of the products and watched more basketball (on mute). I have to admit, I wasn't sure how it was going to work to pull together this random group of people, but it went really well. Everyone had a fabulous time.

Then Saturday Liesal and I slept in and were bums again all morning. I was glad we took time just to chill and catch up. It took me back to our roommate days :) Then Liesal and I ran back to Harwin super quick to pick up a few more things. After that we ran to Michael's (the craft store), but then decided to go paint pottery. This may have been my favorite thing we did!!! I think it turned out really cute. I can't wait to see it after it's been fired!! Then that night we went back over to Kelley and Jason's just to hang out.

I was sad to have to take Liesal back to the airport. We had had such a super weekend!! It's especially hard to say good-bye when you don't know the exact next time that you'll see someone. All I know is that there's a plane ticket with my name on it out to Cali in my future!!

Super Duper: Got to see Beauty & The Beast off Broadway last night!! And for free!!!
Super Pooper: April, yup, the whole month of April is my pooper!

1 comment :

claymonster said...

And here I was thinking I'd had a good weekend because I went to the arts festival and a movie...
Of course, we old folks have to take things at a much more leisurely pace.