Thursday, March 09, 2006

...RodeoHouston...


As promised, here is my official chronicle of the events of my first Houston Rodeo experience. Let me just say, we had a GREAT time. Seriously, one of my favorite times since I've moved to Houston! I'll do my best to not make this too long, we all know how long winded I tend to get.
I think a photo recall of the night will best do the job.

So we headed to the Rodeo around 5:00. Here's a fun pic we took on the way:

We decided to ride any rides we wanted to before eating (yes, I know, we're old). Any how, we had a fahbulous time on the big swings, you know the ones. Here's a fun pic from the swings:

So after that, it was time to chow down!! Man, there's nothin' like Rodeo food!!!

(Yes, I'm aware I look rediculous in this pic!)

Between sausage on a stick, a funnel cake and fried oreos, we got the full Rodeo experience!!!

After eating we wandered over to where the animals were. Oh, they were cute (but smelley).

.

.

.

.

On the way to the stadium Rebecca and I decided to purchase a hat!!!

Once we found our seats we watched bulls buck off cowboys, and 4H kids chase down and fight over calves. It was great!! I don't think I had ever seen anything like it!

And here we are in the stadium.


Oh, I almost forgot to mention. We were there to hear Toby Keith in concert. Let me just say, if you ever have the chance to go hear him, DON'T!!! It was majorly dissappointing! He's nothing but a drunk 35 yr old man who wants to have a lot of sex! Yeah, we didn't stay long once he got on stage. But that's okay, we had already had plenty of fun for the night. Next year we'll be more picky about what concert we're going to! All in all it was a splendiferous evening! Yay for fun times and fun friends!

Super Duper: My sister, Kelly, is coming tomorrow!!

Super Pooper: Take-home-test due tomorrow. Yuck!

2 comments :

Rebecca said...

Great chronicle of the evening! I feel like I was there!

Janelle said...

So much fun! Yeah for girls night!