Monday, April 17, 2006

...a good day...

I'll make a long story short (because someone already told me the long version sucks). But the good, unexpected, speldiferous news, is that I got a test back today that is 35% of my grade in my Hermeneutics class. It's the only test in the class, all semester. After taking it last week I was expecting a low B at best, which I was okay with. Anyway, I got it back today, and I wouldn't normally post this, but I got a 96!!! Really, I'm not bragging, I'm actually in shock!! I mean, when you are expecting something almost 20 pts lower, it's really exciting!!!

So, in celebration I went shopping (yes, I know, I have a problem)!!! I went to this really cute little boutique, but I felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman because the ladies hardly acknowledged me and gave me no service, while they waited on the other people hand and foot. Granted, I was in jeans and a t-shirt, but c'mon, I'm not a bag lady or anything (not that there's anything wrong with bag ladies). Well, who cares, I didn't want to buy anything there anyways, everything looked cuter on the hanger! So then, I headed to TJ Max, and found a really fun jacket (orange (which I chose the color of this font in honor of) with BIG white polka dots). I'll see if I can add a picture of it later. But it was missing some buttons, so they gave me a minimal discount, but I found matching buttons and its all fixed up for me to wear tomorrow!

Super Duper: besides the obvious, a yummy free dinner at church
Super Pooper: still a lot on my plate, but 2 weeks baby, the stress is over in 2 weeks!!

ps- today's chapel was a Liturgical service. If you don't know what I' m talking about, don't feel dumb, I was present today and I'm still not sure what I'm talking about. Allow me to describe it in one word: weird. If I had another chance to attend one, I'd probably pass.

2 comments :

Rebecca said...

I like the long version and btw, the jacket is beyond great!

Kristy said...

Well, you pretty much just buy polo type shirts and khaki's. They aren't really stict but you have to look nice. I miss you.