Saturday, April 08, 2006

...sin...

Romans 7:19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do, this I keep on doing.




Often my sin overwhelms me. I realize my judgmental thoughts. I hear myself gossiping, tearing down my fellow brother or sister. Spending money in a selfish, unnecessary way. Hiding the truth and watching unholy things on T.V. Not spending as much time with Him, not seeking His will for my life. This isn't who I want to be, not at all. Yet I still do these things, repeatedly. Why is my flesh so weak? Why is sin so easy? Is my sin a reflection of my relationship with Christ? I sure hope not. The overwhelming presence of sin in my life would lead many to even question if I walked with the Lord.


May I not be so aloof about my sin. May the consequence of my sin be real to me. May it be my desire to honor and glorify God in all my actions. May it be obvious who the object of my affection is. May my heart overflow with love and desire to know Him more each day.


Super Duper: My mom came and completely cleaned my apartment, did 8 loads of laundry, stocked my refrigerator, and we did a little shopping!!!

Super Pooper: My test on Monday is the only test all semester in that class...YIKES!

2 comments :

Rebecca said...

Wow, serious thoughts from a single girl. I don't want to leave a cheesy comment, but I just want you to know that we all deal with those same things. Despite the sin that we are sometimes entrapped with, I'm so thankful that God has given you a heart that wants to please Him. Remember, He's already won the victory!

Janelle said...

Aren't you so glad for Eph 2:8-9? I know I am... my sins overwhelm me too! I'm so glad for such a gracious God.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the GIFT of God, not as a result of works, so that no one may boast." (Eph 2:8-9)

I love you girl! Keep up the faith!