Thursday, October 05, 2006

...a funny anecdote...

I'm not sure how many of you know, but I have actively been trying to lose weight for about 3 weeks now. Wednesday is my weigh day. I don't have a scale at home, but my good friend Will (Jr. High Associate Minister) happens to have a scale under his desk (random, I know). Anyways, I go get the scale and take it to the back warehouse so that I can weigh on concrete and in a little privacy. Well, yesterday was my 3rd time to step on the scale and see if I had lost any weight. I was SUPER excited to see that I had lost an additional 2.5 lbs!! That's a total of 6 lbs!!


So I go to put the scale back, and I start telling my lovely friends, Rebecca & Annetta, how much weight I had lost. They were excited for me, high fiving, saying "way to go!!" and I respond by saying, "yeah, i didn't expect to lose that much this week, I'm soo excited!!!"
Side note: at our office we all have cubicles, the youth offices have their own little room with 5 cubicles in it. 4 of them are open, but one is larger, with a door, a sitting area, and then a partition to go around to the head youth minister's desk area.

Back to the story. I figured that the head youth minister, Jerome, had overheard all of this hoopla about my weight loss. Jerome is usually pretty tolerant of our silliness, and gets a kick out of it. So I say, "Jerome, I know you're sitting back there (since I couldn't see him) celebrating with me in my weight loss. Really, it's okay. You can let it out!"

Well then a voice (that clearly isn't Jerome's) responds by saying, "Jerome isn't back here. This is the IT guy." Okay, so it's bad enough that this guy heard me gushing about my recent weight loss. But what I haven't told you is this guy, Richard, is young, cute & single. Yeah, Rebecca and I have been gushing for a few weeks now about how he secretly wants me!! So now, imagine how mortified I was that he was sitting back there as I was making a huge deal about losing 6 lbs!! I looked at Rebecca, mortified!!! It actually was hilarious, but we couldn't laugh, because then he would hear us!!!

Oh, good times in the office!!!
Super Duper: Headed to Waco for a fun, quick weekend!
Super Pooper: Homecoming plans with the family are frustrating me!!! Too many people with different agendas!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

pshh yeah you can just make your own TV show

PS why does Will have a scale under his desk??

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

By the way.. missing you around the office this week... hope the conf. is going well.