Friday, October 13, 2006

...the past 8 days...

It's been a crazy past week! Last Friday after work I headed to Waco for a fun weekend with family & friends.

Friday night I hung out with the loverly Lillian. We had dinner with Riley, then picked up my precious niece, Ashlyn, and met Jeff at Katy's Custard. Fun times hanging out with people you don't see very often. Ashlyn spent the night with me at Lillian's apt!! We watched "High school Musical" and popped popcorn! It was super fun! Ashlyn & Lillian got along quite well...fun times!!

Then Saturday we all woke up and headed to my nephew's, Brady (he's 4, let me remind you), soccer game! It was great fun. Every time he or anyone on his team did something good, he would look over at me and his parents and give us a huge smile and a thumbs up! He must have done it 20 times during the game...it was hilarious! I have a pic of it, I'll add it later, I promise!

The whole reason I had gone to Waco for the weekend was a friend's wedding! Riley was my +1 for the wedding. We had a fabulous time (well, at least I did, Riley wasn't feeling up to par) seeing old friends and sharing in such a momentous occasion! Afterwards Lillian decided to ride back to Houston with me just for fun!!!

Then Sunday after church, Susan (my boss), Joe (her husband), Lillian and I loaded up and headed back to Waco, dropped off Lillian, picked up Emily (their daughter) and headed to Arlington for the conference (National Preschool & Children's Convention for Ministers).

We were at the Wyndom in Arlington by the Ballpark. It was a really good conference and I learned a lot! Good to get away and meet new people. Everyone should have the opportunity to attend some kind of specific training like this for their area of expertise!

Wednesday night we were given off. I went to this amazing food expo thing with my sister, Kelly...it was INCREDIBLE!!! Then we met up with my friend Jae. We ate dinner and I hung out with her and her other friends, Whitney, Jen & Claire. It was a fun night to see old friends!

We finished up with the conference on Thursday and headed back to Houston. All in all a great week! I really missed my friends though and was ready to get back!

Super Duper: I bought a cute new purse at the gift shop of the hotel we stayed at!! It's super cute for the fall!
Super Pooper: I'm feeling sickish :( and I have to do homework for Monday :(

No comments :