Tuesday, November 28, 2006

...Thanksgiving vacay...

here's the highlights:

Sunday (before Thanksgiving) - my parent had come in town to Houston, picked me up and we headed to Fredericksburg where we met Kelly. Kelly & I walked the town a lil, then had dinner with the parental units. The kind of nice thing about Fredericksburg is that all the shops close by 5 or 5:30, so there's not much to do. So we just sat around and relaxed, talked, watched TV, my dad did Sudoku, my mom & sister & I looked through some magazines...very chill!!

Monday - woke up, had breakfast at the B&B, shopped, shopped, had lunch, shopped shopped, had dinner, chilled some more...the perfect day. It was a B-E-A-Utiful day...perfect weather. Funny side note: my dad's favorite store is a jam/salsa/dressing store that has tasters set out of everything they sale. You just walk around tasting jams and salsas and all sorts of dips.

Tuesday - woke up, had breakfast at the B&B, the 4 of us headed to Temple for lunch with Katy, Brent, Brady & Blake at McAlisters. Spent the afternoon with them. Then we all headed to Waco for dinner with Kristy & Ashlyn. We were all together, except for the 2 bro's-in-law. That's 2 parents, 3 sisters, 2 nephews and a niece!!! Then the 9 of us headed to the Baylor girls basketball game!!! Super fun!! We're never all together! The kids loved it and the bears won...a great night! After the game mom, dad, Kelly, Ashlyn & I headed to Arlington.

Wednesday - shopped, hung out at Kell's, got ready for Turkey day.

Thursday - cooked, cleaned, set the table (I'm always in charge of this because I'm the baby and they never taught me how to cook...haha), Kristy & Trent drove up from Waco and joined us for Thanksgiving dinner...we had steak!!! It was all very yummy...especially the desserts (yes, plural). Played a family game of cards after dinner.

Friday - shopped, shopped, didn't buy anything, shopped, had lunch, shopped. Played with Ashlyn...my niece is wonderful!!! Sometimes she's bratty (is that a word?), but mostly she's sweet and hilarious and the more time I spend with it makes me miss her even more when I have to say goodbye!

Saturday - we celebrated Ashlyn's 5th birthday by her dad driving 3 of her little friends up to Dallas from Waco. We went to RainForest Cafe & Build-A-Bear. The kids LOVED it, it was super fun! Then we packed up and headed back to Houston.

My parents stayed with me Saturday night, came to church Sunday morn, went to lunch, then home for good.

IT was a WONDERFUL thanksgiving break. Great time with the family. I was only slightly annoyed a few times throughout the very hectic week, which is huge!

Super Duper: Craziness of Christmas parties and festivities just around the corner.
Super Pooper: Finals less than 2 weeks away :(

2 comments :

Elaine said...

Sounds like a really fun week filled with your favorites things....family and shopping!! I didn't realize you were going to be in Arlington. And on Friday night I was super close to Arlington too ) : Hopefully we'll catch each other over Christmas instead!!

Jana Pinson said...

Hey, we almost - and I mean almost went to the Baylor girls game! We were in Waco but decided to go ahead and drive to Dallas instead. How fun would that have been. The girls could have seen Ashlyn - they would have loved that! Grover spent the day in the Baylor library - did you ever do that? LOL. Call me after finals so we can catch up! Love you!